Revan's redemption

Revan's redemption  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it was really his choice?

• no, it was not
    • yes, it was
  2. 2. What if Juhani and Jolee were not involved?

• It would have changed nothing
    • He would have probably gone with Bastila
  3. 3. What the Council did to him was:

• A crime
    • An act of war
    • An act of mercy

Ok i have not completed KOTOR2 but i enjoyed reading everyone's opinions.

I have some questions about Revan. As Darth Revan, is there any evidence to how Revan acted as a Sith?? The only things I knowabout Revan personally are from Kotor 2 and reading Darth Bane: Path to Destruction which have some of his sith teachings (READ The BOOK ITs COOL)

Also as a sidenote, I noticed i missed a vision in korriban. there is a sealed door that ou ahve to use exlposives to pen and i accidently destroyedt he explosives so i missed the vision adn i understand it has to do w/ revan's fate after kotor1. What happens? Its not a cutscene so I couldnt view it as a movie..

Also as a sidenote, I noticed i missed a vision in korriban. there is a sealed door that ou ahve to use exlposives to pen and i accidently destroyedt he explosives so i missed the vision adn i understand it has to do w/ revan's fate after kotor1. What happens? Its not a cutscene so I couldnt view it as a movie..

You "accidently" destroy the holocron IF Revan is set to LS. You find out what happens to Revan, or at least get a clue on what will happen, when Carth (and Bastila if you set Revan to Male) talks to you after you defeat Darth Nihlius.

If you set Revan to DS, the Holcoron will remain intact, and you get to access it. It is Bastila's holocron, where she discusses Revan leaving the Sith Empire to fight the True Sith, leaving Bastila behind to run the empire, and allowing for Sith to fight in a civil war. Bastila, afraid for her life, and afraid for Revan, vows to leave Korriban to find Revan and help him.

Regardless of Alignment or Gender, you can also find out what happens if you gain INF with T3-M4 and access the hologram that he has.

Edited by SilentScope001

This is a hard question, but in the end I would rule it firmly on the side of "it's your character."

You choose your character's face, their talents, their alignment... everything. So you, in the end, determine whether your character was just a pawn of the council or whether they might have, in fact, been wiser than most of the council all along (in somehow sensing that it was your place in the grand scheme of things to lose yourself to the Dark for a while.)

After all, Dark Side Revan doesn't get redeemed. So in some ways, it has to be a true redemption--you clearly have the choice not to be redeemed, so why wouldn't it be your choice to be redeemed?

Jolee and Juhani--again, your choice. After all, you may or may not even have Juhani on your ship, so she doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the whole mess. I guess it depends on how well the council warped your mind, how much of yourself came back after you realized you had been Revan, who you were in the first place, and who you want to be after all that happened to you. It also would depend on whether you even like or respect Jolee and Juhani. If you didn't, even as a Light Side character, maybe that would push you towards Bastila.

But in the beginning of your life, even a Dark Side character was presumably a good person--that's why you were a Jedi in the first place, right? So perhaps it's more accurate to say that the Star Forge performed the most dramatic harm upon your psyche. Even worse than the council.

Still, what the council did--I would call it an act of war. It wasn't a crime per se, because it was necessity and you were an enemy--but it certainly wasn't much of a healing. I believe most of the masters had murky intentions, not benevolent ones. They wanted to use you against their enemies. Vandar I believe truly cared about you in addition to his duties, but the others... I don't know.

Certainly not that selfish, hypocritical idiot Vrook. He was Dark Side from the very beginning; he just wouldn't admit it. He hated you, enjoyed judging you because it made him feel better about himself, and he justified it as prudent caution. He was afraid to do anything to save lives, and again justified it as prudent caution, while countless innocents suffered and died as the threats got stronger. He kept a vise over his emotions, but under the surface he was as led around by them as any Sith. The Dark Side was only one inch away. He was JUST like Atris.

Edited by Wynne

Certainly not that selfish, hypocritical idiot Vrook. He was Dark Side from the very beginning; he just wouldn't admit it. He hated you, enjoyed judging you because it made him feel better about himself, and he justified it as prudent caution. He was afraid to do anything to save lives, and again justified it as prudent caution, while countless innocents suffered and died as the threats got stronger. He kept a vise over his emotions, but under the surface he was as led around by them as any Sith. The Dark Side was only one inch away. He was JUST like Atris.

Amen brother! :sweat:

Though It would've been nice to get another choice in the crystal cave of Dantooine when you meet wrook

6: [Point a Blaster to Vrook's head and squeeze the trigger] + in DS points :)

hell, would've made things a lot easier :brows:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I think you meant:

6: [Point a Blaster to Vrook's head and squeeze the trigger] + in LS points :ermm:

It's a mercy killing (mercy on the rest of us, anyway), and there's not a jury in the land would convict.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)