NHL

Darque

Cherry has never been a fan of Crosby, so it's not surprising he doesn't stick up for him. (To be honest, I don't even know what incident we're talking about, but if it involves Crosby, there's a good chance Cherry will be against whatever it was Crosby did).

Cherry has never been a fan of Crosby, so it's not surprising he doesn't stick up for him. (To be honest, I don't even know what incident we're talking about, but if it involves Crosby, there's a good chance Cherry will be against whatever it was Crosby did).

Crosby got knocked down off the opening faceoff on Thursday against Montreal. You'd think he'd been shot with how fast he dropped. You actually watch Coach's Corner with the NHL clips here.

Emery just got an assist on the Sens second goal. Corvo sent Comrie in on a breakaway with a pass from deep in the Sens zone. ;)

Edited by Deraldin

The Leafs won their fourth in a row! Albeit in overtime, but still! Two points is two points and I'll take it any way I can. Seriously, on away ice in Ottawa.. last season we ended up with 8 goals against in every second game against them..

And Cherry is an idiot. YOU DON'T PUSH A GUY WITH THE BUTT END OF YOUR STICK! He compared it to a face-off where Sundin pushed away his guy using his gloves.. Like that would prove anything. Pushing with the end of your stick and pushing with your gloves are to separate entities.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sheldon Souray (I think?) speared Crosby after a face-off and Cherry defended Souray by saying "he pushed him". That was NOT a push. Then Cherry took an example of Sundin pushing a guy away from the puck using his hands as an example of the spearing being a completely ordinary situation that every face-off man uses. I don't really care if Crosby fell like a dying swan, it was still spearing.

Sheldon Souray (I think?) speared Crosby after a face-off and Cherry defended Souray by saying "he pushed him". That was NOT a push. Then Cherry took an example of Sundin pushing a guy away from the puck using his hands as an example of the spearing being a completely ordinary situation that every face-off man uses. I don't really care if Crosby fell like a dying swan, it was still spearing.

It was Maxim Lapierre on the faceoff and there was no spear. He put his shoulder into Crosby and Crosby dropped faster than the puck did. He was up 2 seconds so that he could swear at Lapierre all the way to the bunch. <_< Cherry didn't say that spearing was perfectly normal, he was saying all the people who instantly called it a spear because they could see the end of Lapierre's stick are idiots, because no one holds the stick at the very top on a face off.

Souray was the one who got ejected from the game in the second based on a bad call by the refs. Supposedly you can be given the 2, 5, 10 and the game if the other guy turtles, but Armstrong still got a few punches in so he should have gotten his own 5 for fighting.

Edited by Deraldin

Well, i'm still happy for Red Wings beating St. Louis with 5-3.

2 Goals by Holmstr

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Wow, I wonder if Sean Avery's hot girlfriend will follow him to NY. I've actually been impressed by his play in the few games I've seen this season. I think Avery could be a 20 goal scorer if he could stay out of the penalty box. He also seems to have calmed down a lot this season while still being effective on the ice. I hope he can carry that in NY.

I watched NY self destruct against the Red Wings tonight. It actually was more like Hasek being insanely good and that Lunquist or Sunkist kid letting in a few bad goals. I thought it was a bit crazy for the Wings to bring on a geezer like Hasek, but he's proven me wrong.

Woohoo! Leafs win fifth straight! On away ice against the St.Louis Blues! What a difference a red-hot goalie makes.

In other news: Ovechkin is slumping (for his standards) and Crosby keeps getting point after point after point.. It even looks like the Penguins will be able to make the play-offs this year! Who would have thought that? I never thought Malkin would be this good this early. Same with little Staal. And Recchi is playing his best hockey in a decade. And their young goalie is starting to evolve into a real starter. All they lack is an arena..

HIP HIP HOORAY!

NEWSFLASH; Rangers miss the play off, and Shanahan sucks and ruins team chemistry!!!

Are you talking about the 39 year old guy with 27 goals? Yes, I suppose being on pace for 40 goals is quite the suckage.