Since I missed the Abortion topic...

Deadly_Nightshade

I'm Pro-choice, although I think that abortion is indirectly a bad thing - a symptom of a bigger problem. Namely, that something failed along the way. Maybe the birth control failed (we need more research into birth control to develop methods more reliable, and we also need to stop denying adults sterilizations simply because they're under an arbitrary limit set by patronizing "professionals"). Maybe the woman was practicing abstinence as birth control but was raped. Maybe she simply didn't feel that she could take control of her own reproduction or lack thereof and didn't try.

Except when it's a medically necessary procedure to save life or avoid serious injury/illness, the need for an abortion means that something went wrong and a woman got pregnant who didn't want to.

I don't LIKE the idea of abortion, but feel it's preferable to forcing people to continue pregnancies against their will and forcing them to choose between raising an unwanted child or putting yet another one into an already overloaded adoption and foster care system. I think a better solution would be to give people more power over their own bodies - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and in this case preventing pregnancy in the first place is better than abortion after it's too late for prevention. But it's necessary to keep it safe and keep it legal because we don't HAVE 100% effective methods of birth control yet. Medications fail and can be affected by other necessary medications. Abstinence fails in the case of rape. Sterilization is almost impossible to obtain under 30.

Basically, I'd like to get rid of most abortions by making them UNNECESSARY, so that the vast majority of abortions sought were for purely medical reasons. Not because they're morally bad, but because they're a sign of a failure somewhere in medicine or in society.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Abortion is almost as sexy as a c-section scar

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Abortion is almost as sexy as a c-section scar

In some of those Britney Spears upskirt pics her caesarian scar was totally visible. Classy.

She didn't birth that puppy the old fashion way? What about that statue of her with the baby crowning?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

While I'm sure your comments are meant to be edifying and/or humorous, they are completely irrelevant. Thus, since they add nothing to the topic at hand, I would hope you would take your attempts at comedy to another topic.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I remember this one time growing, a cow on our ranch needed to have her calf turned. So I had to reach in and turn the calf myself. The we hooked up this strap to its front legs and anchored the other end to a truck and pulled it out. How come they don't do that more?

While I'm sure your comments are meant to be edifying and/or humorous, they are completely irrelevant. Thus, since they add nothing to the topic at hand, I would hope you would take your attempts at comedy to another topic.

Your comment was an extraneous footnote to the original abortion thread. There's a reason that thread was closed. The timing was perfect too.

Edited by Surreptishus

I mean it took all of 4 seconds

I'm Pro-choice

I'm pretty sure everybody is pro-choice. I'm also pretty sure everybody is pro-life.

I know I am. I enjoy both life, and choice!

As an aside, the thread was locked for a reason. Posting a continuance simply because you missed out makes me just think, oh well, too bad. I've missed out on threads before, or not gotten a chance to reply to a comment due to a thread being locked.

it was like *splush*

New calf

See, I don't think anybody really cares what Deadly Nightshade thinks, and that is what has lead everyone to the comedy thing.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I can tell you, later that calf, extra tasty

Waht I mean to say is how Funny Laozi and Surreptishus are, and how that contrasts the lame thread.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

it was like *splush*

New calf

Not *splat! *?

I remember there was this sound, like moisture moving because of suction. Of course it was hard to hear because of the truck and all the "mooing"

it was like *splush*

New calf

Wait were you delivering a calf or turning it? What is turning? Did you become the calf's adoptive father as a result of bringing it into the world.

Both, i had to turn it to deliver it

No you have to remember, cows are the whores of the animal kingdom

Edited by Laozi

a little peppermint schnopps goes a long way

You just have to set the mood, dog