Help installing KotOR II in linux

I recently migrated to Fedora Core 6 and have been having a strange problem installing KotOR II. The install opens in WINE with no problems, and gets through the first 3 disks just fine, but on disk four the process comes to an abrupt halt. It doesn't crash, it just moves a single file every couple seconds. Anyone got any ideas?

And yes, me == :- , I know.

It did something similar in windows where it refused disk four. Try uninstalling the game, cleaning the disks and your CD drive and starting again. That worked for me, ok different systems but *shrugs* might work if the problem is with the disk not the computer.

Linux can have a similar graphical interface as Windows - hubby uses it on some of his computers and it looks like Windows with bigger & uglier icons. Whether it behaves like Windows for installing games I have no clue...I kind of doubt it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 1 year later...