Community Resources

LadyCrimson

Sorry

Heh, it's no problem.

As it happens, I got a bug up my arse about the gallery software and had some spare time this week, so decided to finally install something else. Coppermine by default is a simpler program, but easier to deal with 'out of the box', which is good (for me). Instead of 10-20 hours mucking with codes & themes, I only had to spend 3-4. I like that in a program.

New gallery, complete with all my 'test' files still in it :devil: is located here: http://oegallery.crimsonkeep.com/

I contacted a mod about editing the first post in the thread to reflect changes, hopefully they'll do that soon. It's been a long time and the place isn't/wasn't ever in high demand, so I figured this was a decent time to change it up. I suspect it'll stay in low demand, heheh - but for any OE forum member who ever wants the group-sharing space someday, there it is. *shrug* :)

The potential upside: OE members can now create 'user albums' and choose to make any/all of "your" albums viewable by either everyone, only certain member groups, or even passworded. Plus more file formats accepted etc.

The icky downside: if you already registered, you have to re-register/send me a PM :shifty: and I'll have to give you upload permissions again. :)

I'll keep the old gallery up for reference for a long while, but upload permissions will be discontinued there in a few days.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks, Tigranes.

@walkerguy - I figured .avi was still the most common

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was just thinking Windows Movie Maker (.wma & .wmv). Video taking straight from your camera is often .avi or .mov (my computer doesn't really do .mov)

I don't know if some video mixers save as .avi format but WMM doesn't. All converters cost money as far as I can tell, and the "free" ones have ads on them unless you "register" ($).

Overall having only .avi is:

Good for raw video footage

Bad for Windows Movie Maker

Added: I probably won't even add a video, but yeah. :(

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

I've disliked Windows Movie Maker and the .wmv extension for a decade - it's always seemed buggy to me - and have spent most of my time finding ways to avoid it. I guess I forget not everyone hates it that much, heh. >_<

I figured people would most likely upload game clips, if they uploaded any video at all, and that would likely mean they'd be using Fraps (avi) and something like Virtual Dub (avi - and free) or some $20-$30 commercial program to edit/convert.

Maybe that's the presumptuous geek in me tho ... does anyone here still use .wmv with fair frequency?

Hehe...my experience is the complete opposite, w/'everyone' hating .wmv and not using it.

But fine, fine, I added .wmv to the list. :)