Komputah Kweschunz

Tigranes

Interestingly enough, the comparison site reports Radeon 9600 Pro to have a 400 core clock and 300 memory clock. I know mine actualy performs at 400/200.

But Geforce 6800GT seems to be 350/500. benchmarks and all other settings has GeForce 6800GT jump wayyy over the Radeon though. What functions do these core/memory clocks perform, and why is it that a much older & better 6800GT has a lower core clock speed?

They really just need to make a linear scale of graphics cards. :wub:

Our chief weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope!

I picked up the ATi x1600 pro and, wow, what a difference for NWN2. It's running incredibly smooth and looks a great deal better. I'm pretty happy with the choice, installation was a breeze.

edit: oh yeah, $205 at BestBuy. I'm sure there are better prices out there for the card, but I got to put it on my BestBuy credit card.

Edited by Hurlshot

I picked up the ATi x1600 pro and, wow, what a difference for NWN2.  It's running incredibly smooth and looks a great deal better.  I'm pretty happy with the choice, installation was a breeze.

edit: oh yeah, $205 at BestBuy.  I'm sure there are better prices out there for the card, but I got to put it on my BestBuy credit card.

Hurlshot, I really don't want to spoil your enjoyment of your new card, but I just can't sleep in peace without pointing this out, since Best Buy charged waaaaay too much for that. The card is available at Newegg for $85. :brows:

Crappers, someone beat me to the 6800GT. Now looking at an ATI x800XT 256mb AGP for a similar price (80-100US). Apparently it's a similar card to the 6800GT, if not slightly better. We shall see.

Hurlshot, good to know that the x1600 does well. "Incredibly smooth" is pretty much all I'm going for myself. :lol:

Hurlshot, I really don't want to spoil your enjoyment of your new card, but I just can't sleep in peace without pointing this out, since Best Buy charged waaaaay too much for that. The card is available at Newegg for $85. :-

Hehe, I was going to crap myself, but the specs aren't quite the same. I needed AGP, which seems to up the price a bit, and I got the 512mb version. I also got one manufactured by ATi, rather than some other company. In my experience, a lot of secondary companies release shoddy versions. Still, this is probably a comparable card for much cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814142072

Hehe, I was going to crap myself, but the specs aren't quite the same.  I needed AGP, which seems to up the price a bit, and I got the 512mb version.  I also got one manufactured by ATi, rather than some other company.  In my experience, a lot of secondary companies release shoddy versions.  Still, this is probably a comparable card for much cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814142072

Ah, ok, makes sense. ;)