KOTOR III: Myth or Reality

Alright, I've read so many posts and so many searches and so many rumors that my head is going to explode!!! What's really happening? No rumors, no threads that lead to other forums-----real evidence that something's going on. You can say that I'm a glass is half empty kind of guy and I'd say that you are right, but I kinda get the feeling that this will never be made. Just because it makes sense doesn't mean that it's a guarantee. Hell, George Lucas is so out of touch with what his die-hards want, that the Kotor franchise ending at 2 would not surprize me one bit. Come on people, make me a believer, I really want to believe. But, it's time for some legitimate proof.

This is a continuation of the topic that I posted on the Star Wars Empire Forum that was closed out somehow. A lot of people read but were not able to respond. Please reply if you have anything as far as information. Maybe I missed something while researching. It's possible, I'm hardly a capable computer guy. I absolutely want this game to be made but am pessimistic because of all of the time that has passed with no real word and countless ridiculously lousy Star Wars games that have hit the market in the meantime. I'm not even a gamer. I only got the XBOX last December when I came across the KOTOR games and really wanted to play them. I'm not a video game guy. I just play these two. A third would be great because I'm running out of things to do on I & II.

LA was going to make KotOR 3 in house but it has been canceled. This was down months and months ago. Sorry, KotOR 3 is dead. Deal with it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I think its a big 'UNKNOWN'.

Lately, specualtion at other sites have just about haulted. For the moment, I think KotOR III is dead on arrival. I personally believe that they don't have a solution. I think that Obsidian did a great job with content and intention, but I don't believe Lucas Arts knows what to do with a broken product. There are tough choices to be made, and KotOR III could endup wayside.

Just my opinion.

Edited by DarthMethos

There are no "official" plans for a Kotor3 right now - it's all speculation, rumor, and hope. :mellow:

As Nightshade mentioned, we have an ongoing series of threads for discussion of this popular topic.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts