Why Hoth?

Okies, so I recently started to play SWG again (until something better comes out like Vanguard or Warhammer) and the SWG forums are filled with people wanting Hoth added to the game.

I noticed in favorite planet poll two people also choose Hoth.

I just dont get it or understand how anyone could like Hoth or want it in a game.

Its nothing but Snow with ONE Rebel base on whole planet, whats so appealing or interesting about that?

Not trying to be rude, I seriously dont understand what the big draw is to the planet and hoping someone can explain it to me please!

Far as SWG planets go, Hoth is one of my least favorites just because there is nothing to it, at least Korriban and Onderon and Dant and others have ruins and adventure to them.

Hoth is nice. At least in Jedi Academy it was. Lots of underground and hidden bases to look at, while hunting for Cult force users. Revisiting old planets can be fun.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Probabally cos everyone relates to one of the most important things there, the Imperial landing and teh big battlezor. Im expecting everyone is like 'zomg lets like get in our leet snowies and pwn some Imperial jerks'

Yeah, some people tend to forget that Hoth is a remote system where nothing really happens. That is the whole reason why the Rebels chose it in the first place.

I have no idea why so many people want everything to happen in places like Hoth. Seriously, you can use lots of planets, or create all kind of new ones, why use one which isn't supposed to be used for anything but the story it was already used in?

Probabally cos everyone relates to one of the most important things there, the Imperial landing and teh big battlezor. Im expecting everyone is like 'zomg lets like get in our leet snowies and pwn some Imperial jerks'

It's the only thing that place has to offer

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Hoth is hawt!!!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, if one can suggest that Hoth is bland, then same idea can also be said for desert planet like Tatooine. (Looking aside from having towns on surface like Anchorhead in KotOR or docking bays for crafts like Falcon and EH).

Dagobah is also bland, but relates to darkness theme.

Hoth is bland somehow as whoever turned it into a concept had little imagination in making it into a planet. Which means that other games can build initial idea of Hoth. Planets are hardly dead at all, from time perspective.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Don't forget it's also great for dying of hypothermia and seeing visions of your old Jedi master.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, if one can suggest that Hoth is bland, then same idea can also be said for desert planet like Tatooine. (Looking aside from having towns on surface like Anchorhead in KotOR or docking bays for crafts like Falcon and EH).

Dagobah is also bland, but relates to darkness theme.

Hoth is bland somehow as whoever turned it into a concept had little imagination in making it into a planet. Which means that other games can build initial idea of Hoth. Planets are hardly dead at all, from time perspective.

Tatooine's not bland, it at least has people that speak fluent gibberish (plus the whole Rakata wasting it to a bunch of dust; that adds a cool factor somewhere, I'm sure).

Dagobah has some sort of ominous dark-side history junk that nobody cares about. Unless Hoth served as the base world of some long-dead Dark Side Butt-Kicking Master (Sith or other related affiliations), then it seems pretty boring to me...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."