Vampire: Bloodlines

Darque

Hey everyone :) I missed ya all too :)

As for the topic: Once I get settled, this will probably be the first game I play. :) Now that someone has... tested... the reskinning process, I'm dying to try it :)

• 2 weeks later...
This 'patch' is worthless. None of the bugs I've experienced have been fixed and people can see you through Obfuscate. I can be standing still, and security gaurds will spot and attack me.

You need the 1.2 patch, and I also found this:

A small note about this patch:

Inside of this archive, there's an optional file that was included as a bonus. It is not actually required, however.

In one of the sub-folders named "cfg" there is a file named "autoexec.cfg"

That file is not actually required to play the game. It contains some added commands that we feel add some functionality to VTMB, by enabling a bunch of third-person camera controls. Those camera controls will be mapped to the numerical keypad, so you can have fun playing with them. I use them all the time, when I make VTMB videos.

There's also a command that eliminates a particular visual effect, during use of the Obfuscate discipline. I've always found that effect to be kind of annoying and so has Acrimonious, but other players may actually like it. If so, then you can either edit the autoexec.cfg file to remove that command, or just delete the entire file if you don't mind losing the camera controls at the same time.

To remove ONLY the changes to Obfuscate, open up the autoexec.cfg file in Notepad and eliminate the following two lines:

cl_obfuscate_daylight "0"

cl_smooth "0"

Then save the file and re-start the game. The visual effect for Obfuscate will return to its default appearance.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 1 month later...

I'm going to give this game another play through!!! I've installed the 1.2 and Wesp's unofficial 3.7 BASIC (its supposedly like the TRUE patch but has more fixes. Their the same size though about 45 mb.

I'm going through the music folder changing some of the stuff right now.

Do i have to install the editor to open the command so i can dump the cache (memory leak) when it gets out of control and stutters eventually to a crash? anybody know how to dump it?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Well I've been playing for a couple hours, and it runs fine, no slow downs. I did have to reinstall because the unofficially 3.7 patch didn't let me use 3rd person and it didn't have the action icon that goes above people heads... weird so i am using the TRUE patch now. Words great so far! :sorcerer:

Myspace Website!

My rig

That only happened for me when I used the cosnole on an unpatched version. Wird game this, very good in certain parts, others look unfinised, and it actually shipped with a fatal bug.

Wolf. Not bug.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

8800 and Overclocked Core 2 solved all my performance problems with this game! Santa Monica Beach doesn't even get slow anymore :o

Having a expensive super duper system does pay off in the end.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Not really, having a fast computer makes me really jaded since I expect all framerates to be in triple digits. When a game drops down to 50 or 40 or 30 fps I get really angry and wondering if drivers are working correctly and then I end up uninstalling the game.

Just keep in mind that some games have a max frame rate ceiling. If I am getting 30 to 40 FPS consistantly then all is good with the world.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I seriously thought that I had stumbled upon some eater egg when I first saw that. Total immersion breaker.

Well, the whole sewers was an immersion breaker. Or rather when the sewers ended and the endless tunnels began.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

8800 and Overclocked Core 2 solved all my performance problems with this game! Santa Monica Beach doesn't even get slow anymore :thumbsup:

Fixed my game too with my new system. Cheers! :sorcerer:

Playing with any mods?

I'm trying the "True VTMB Patch 4.04AT," and it seems to be better than Wesp's patches at the moment; although I haven't finished the game yet...

Same patch i am using. Works great I think!

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

I liked the sewers.

I liked them until the point they stopped being sewers and started being mutant-filled tunnels with dirt floors, instead of believable dirty LA sewers.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not really, having a fast computer makes me really jaded since I expect all framerates to be in triple digits. When a game drops down to 50 or 40 or 30 fps I get really angry and wondering if drivers are working correctly and then I end up uninstalling the game.

See, it's a waste of those thousands of dollars you pour into the ultimate gaming rig and not get all of the benefits from it.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.