Religion in the Workplace.

Judge Hades

Allah is the actual translation for the word God.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Allah, Yehweh, Iehova, God... Its all the same guy.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Umm... no

It's like saying NWN 1 and NWN 2 are same thing since they both are CRPG's and start with NWN

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Umm... no

It's like saying NWN 1 and NWN 2 are same thing since they both are CRPG's and start with NWN

Actually yes. If you go through the historical texts and how cultures merged and divided over the thousands of years in that region it is the same God. The God of Judaism, is the same God of Christianity, which is the same God of Islam.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

They're all Gods, but you don't have to believe in them to see differences between them. Their personalities surely aren't same. If they even have personality like is not case in Hinduism since all of its Gods are different maniphests of same abstract Godhood.

edit:

"...God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him." 112:1-4

In Arabic, God is called Allāh. The word is etymologically connected to ʾilāh "deity", Allāh is also the word used by Christian and Jewish Arabs, translating ho theos of the New Testament and Septuagint; it predates Muhammad and, at least in origin, does not specify a "God" different from the one worshipped by Judaism and Christianity, the other Abrahamic religions. One of the most common beliefs about "Allah," however, is that Christians and Jews both worship a different God than Muslims. This is not technically true as "Allah" literally means "God" and all three religions are monotheistic. All three religions, however, hold different conceptions about God. The name "Allah" is a singular neuter noun.

Christian God is forgiver and loving, Muslim God wants everyone to submit under his will, Judaism God just wants to keep his people straight :p

Those are conception differences, but quite different (minus the part everyone says that if you don't believe in me you are going to burn in Hell :o )

Of course from Christian point of view Judaism God and Christian God are same, but this isn't the case with Allah, as Islam is newer religion.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Well, that depends on who you ask. Christians will certainly say their God is the same as the Jewish God. However, if you ask a Jew he'll say the only true God is the Jewish God.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, that depends on who you ask. Christians will certainly say their God is the same as the Jewish God. However, if you ask a Jew he'll say the only true God is the Jewish God.

No, they believe their text is the true words of god and all that. I think they recognize Christians believe in the same god, they just think their going about it wrong.

The problem is that people seem to think that God cannot change its mind or think that the scripture is the end all telling of God's persona. There is more to God than what is written and more than what us mere mortals can ever understand.

They're all Gods, but you don't have to believe in them to see differences between them. Their personalities surely aren't same. If they even have personality like is not case in Hinduism since all of its Gods are different maniphests of same abstract Godhood.

The argument is NOT about which God is right. The argument is about which texts are correct. The texts are why we know of God's "personality"

The problem is that people seem to think that God cannot change its mind or think that the scripture is the end all telling of God's persona.  There is more to God than what is written and more than what us mere mortals can ever understand.

or believe :o"

@ Xard: I don't, stuffs still interesting though

Edited by kumquatq3

I do not believe nor worship God, but that does not mean I doubt his existence.

The argument is NOT about which God is right. The argument is about which texts are correct. The texts are why we know of God's "personality"

As long as all religions imply that their texts are right ones and directly what God has said and other are false, it is same thing.

As long as all religions imply that their texts are right ones and directly what God has said and other are false, it is same thing.

Nah, If 3 people buy the same exact car and they all come with different maintenance instructions, are the cars now different?

I see what your take on it is, I just disagree

The problem is that people seem to think that God cannot change its mind or think that the scripture is the end all telling of God's persona.  There is more to God than what is written and more than what us mere mortals can ever understand.

@ Xard: I don't, stuffs still interesting though

That was directed to Ha- I mean Sand, you were just quicker writer than me :p

But yeah... :o

I do not believe....but that does not mean I doubt his existence.

:o

I don't go by belief. Only by what I know.

But how do you KNOW that God exists. You can't prove it so you believe he/she/it exists. Isn't that believing.

Nah, If 3 people buy the same exact car and they all come with different maintenance instructions, are the cars now different?

I see what your take on it is, I just disagree

Argumenting is fun :p

I see what your take on it is, I just disagree :o

edit: from philosophical point of view God has to exist, he is the first mover.

Edited by Xard

Argumenting is fun :p

I see what your take on it is, I just disagree  :o

You have lost however. As you plagiarized my post. I will be reporting you to the Dean immediately.

edit: from philosophical point of view God has to exist, he is the first mover.

This is where we get: "Who created god?"

Then: "No one, he created himself from nothing" or "he always was"

"Can't something else, ie Bing Bang, do that then"

"no"

"um....ok....."

and you lose me

Edited by kumquatq3

Xard, if he wants to show himself to give proof to you he will. If not then he won't.

I do not believe nor have faith. I only go by what I know.