Adventures in Game Buying

Judge Hades

Ah, the art of game buying and making a purchase that you will want to have a home in your library can be a trying ordeal. <_< Sometime, not so. :thumbsup: I went to the mall looking for a game that could tie me over till the release of Neverwinter Nights 2. :ph34r: I have grown tired of Oblivion, and well playing Neverwinter Nights 1. :ermm: I am sick and tired of the Infinity Engine games, which I never thought I would ever say. :'( The Fallouts have lost their charm after playing them up to the triple digits. :o

It was time to buy a new game. o:)

So I went to the Gamestop at my local mall. I Looked over the miniscule remains of the PC section and saw Mage Knight: Apocalypse. :huh: The Clix game was interesting enough so I bought it and brought it home. :) Installation went by without a care but six disks is downright ridiculous. :o

Note to Publishers and developers: If you are going to make a game that needs more than 4 discs to install, put it on a bloody DVD. Otherwise you are just being annoying. :*

Anyhoots I load up the game and the autopatcher kicks in. Once pathed the beginning movie sequences start and I get to the game menu. I hit single player game and... CTD. :o Okay, I load it up again and... CTD. :blink: I check to make sure I had the latest drivers, installed one, and... CTD. :( I got fairly annoyed by this. I even look for a game protection fix or a NO CD .exe. :) None available so I packed up the game and went to the bus stop. :(

I went back to the cashier, a lovely woman if I must say, and explained my problem. :'( Well, for some odd reason she must have liked me and said I could return it and get a different game or my money back. :wub: Well, I went over to the miniscule PC section and looked it over and saw a game that a few of my friends enjoyed though it isn't part of a genre I prefer but it was on DVD, in fact it had 2 of them. I have in my possession Call of Duty 1, its expansion, and Call of Duty 2. (w00t)

I think I will be setting the difficulty at the easiest level. :)

That single post contained 20 smiley's.

Seriously, has Darque hacked into Hades account?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That single post contained 20 smiley's.

:thumbsup::) :) :) :) (w00t) It must have burned your eyes to read it. (w00t) :) :) :) :) :thumbsup:

On the topic at hand:

Shame the game died on you, I was actually thinking of getting that one.

I... think I'll hold off. I really don't like crashy games. :wacko:

Consider yourself lucky though, some places don't do returns. :thumbsup: