Lionheart: LotC Question...

GreyOoze

This question is for any Obsidian employees who worked at Black Isle and either helped create Lionheart: LotC or are in the know regarding its future.

My question is, any chance on a sequel to this game? Though the game had its faults, the setting was alot of fun. It would really be too bad if we never heard from this game again. It had some things going for it, and with a little refinement it could be a big hit.

Ooze

Wow.. I think I've just witnessed a rare creature which we all thought were extinct: a Lionheart fan!

It's.. so.. beautiful.. :'(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey, the guy has a point. The setting for Lionheart was the game's saving grace and could be used in a potentially awesome game if someone was willing to work on it.

In fact, the worst thing about Lionheart was the waste of a perfectly good setting.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Exactly my point, pidesco. The setting was really good, and it would be a shame to see such a well designed and fleshed out gameworld go to waste. There was enough to the game to at least lend consideration to a sequel.

Any idea who owns the rights to it? It used the special system, and though I've no clue who owns the rights to that, it would be nice to keep that alive as well.

I realize Mr. Urquhart isn't going to pop in here and make any earth shattering announcements. I just thought I'd mention it and see what others think.

Ooze

Hey, the guy has a point. The setting for Lionheart was the game's saving grace and could be used in a potentially awesome game if someone was willing to work on it.

In fact, the worst thing about Lionheart was the waste of a perfectly good setting.

hear hear.. I really enjoyed the setting .. although in all fairness it's actually an okay fun game in Mulityplayer! (at least imho)

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, Lionheart wasn't exactly a BIS game in the first place. And Iply has the rights to SPECIAL which they have leased, or whatever, to Beth.

so beth owns the rights to do 3 fallout games but iply owns the rights for special?

Iply OWNS the rights to both SPECIAL and Fallout. They sold Beth the ability to make FO3 and future sequels, iirc. With this sale came the right to use SPECIAL, one way or another. Iply still owns the FO property and SPECIAL.

Lionheart had potential, it had a good setting and story. But failed. It was an ok game.

This is essentially my take.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I liked the setting.

It needed alot more dialog and less combat. Better combat AI would have been good too.

The business of doing altered history was fun.

In Lionheart's case it was alot alot of history!

I never finished the story.

Maybe I should try again.

That's the kind of game that Obsidian could really make into a masterpiece.

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

My problems with Lionheart that it was real time and the combat sucked for it. If they kept the SPECIAL rules turn based it would have been a lot better. Also they tried to cram too many historical figures in one place, Barcelona.

I do agree that the concept itself was sound but the execution could have been better.

It being real-time wasn't the problem, the battle model and the fact that their idea of difficulty was to just chuck more fast enemies at you, were the problems.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds