Cut Content vrs. Accidental Editing Errors

To me those three "reasons" are not big ones (although they are minor reasons). I just want to play game as it was ment to be.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Alot of games have cut content that is supposed to be cut (Alternate ending Kotor1; Deadeye Duncan on Manaan to stay in KOTOR-style) still somewhere hidden...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Alot of games have cut content that is supposed to be cut (Alternate ending Kotor1; Deadeye Duncan on Manaan to stay in KOTOR-style) still somewhere hidden...

Actually, the alternate ending to K1 was cut because of time constraints. Similar to the cut endings of K2. The rest were simply unnecessary and cut for other reasons.

Guest The Architect
Cut Content vrs. Accidental Editing Errors

What actually happen to TSL?

I read this in another forum. I felt the original poster had a good point.

Cut Content:

1. Intentionally removed content that has no bearing on the overall story.

2. Includes: HK Factory.

3. Includes: M4-78 Droid Planet.

4. Information removed for a number of unknown reasons. Anything from being inconsistant or not necessary for the story.

Accidental Editing Errors:

1. Pieces that were removed accidently.

2. Pieces that were not removed accidently.

3. Includes: What happened to your team mates on Malacore.

4. Includes: Not erassing references to the HK Factory on Telos.

5. Includes: Not erassing references to the Droid Planet.

6. Pieces that would bring clearity to the end or whole story.

Why do people believe TSL is not a complete game? Is it due to the cut content or the accidental editing errors?

It would be illogical to believe that both are to blame. Very illogical. What do you think?

Well, you are entitled to your own opinion, but for every time you or someone else is going to say that the HK-Factory is not essential to the game or has 'no bearing on the overall story', I will insist on claiming that it is, and that its absense leaves the plot cut and incomplete because G0-T0 cannot be stopped in the LS ending unless HK-47 and the HK-51's are there to stop him, and they won't be there, if the HK- Factory is cut.

It's missing plot content, and HK-47 killing G0-T0 was cut for that reason, even though this chain of events was later confirmed as canon in the New Essential Guide to Droids. Why does the Guide specifically mention this for G0-T0's entry, if it's not important to the plot? It would seem far more significant to the game itself than to some Guide.

Isn't it rather strange that we get the resolution to the 'G0-T0 vs. Remote' showdown in a book rather than in the game itself? If the HK-Factory was something that was cut for creative reasons, then they would have cut everything associated with the HK-50 plot.

I agree that M4-78 wasn't important to the game from a plot perspective (although it was originally intended to be) so that could be safely cut, but the HK-Factory was important to the context of the plot. To claim otherwise would be folly. You don't cut something out such as important as the HK-Factory unless you have no other choice.

'http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=125'

Chris Avellone comments on KotOR II...

In the end, I do wish there had been more time and I wished I had had more time to work on the end game, and that was my fault. We did get a lot accomplished in the time we had, and I probably should have cut another planet (the droid planet got the axe). I still think it's a good RPG, we probably should have just made it shorter.

Obsidian may be partly to blame for bad time management, but KotOR II did suffer from the deadline shift from February 2005 to December 2004. Time restraints definately affected the overall state of the game, story-wise and gameplay wise.

Does the fact that KotOR II is playable to the end make it complete? From a certain point of view, yes; however from a plot perspective, it is not complete, and that cannot be argued against...

Edited by The Architect

Yeah, in the time we had is notable

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)