Stupid Swoop Races *grumble*

Nar Shaddaa; blow up the droid; tie your hand behind your back... and win with 20 seconds ahead of the others :)

Onderon; learn the track really well. Considering most mines/obstructions are quite invisible till you hit them remembering of the full track is the key to victory and avoiding crashing. Found this one the most fun

Telos; No idea... (75% I find myself in mid-air anyways)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I dont even bother. In the first game it was so difficult beating the best time that it is just pure stupidity to make the races even harder in the second game.

Maybe in KOTOR 3 they can make the races totally impossible.

Edited by Bogj

I found an exploitable glitch, where you steer into a wall, forfeit the race right before the crash, and are declared the winner. But it doesn't seem to work (playing on PC). Has anyone else tried that glitch, and did it work?

I've tried basically every trick known to man when it comes to kotor/2 swoop racing. Word to the wise, NOTHING WORKS.

Turning the sound off so that I could concentrate more didn't work, sitting closer to the screen didn't work, neither did pausing intermittently.

That said, you race for long enough, and your bound to gain some aptitude at it. I reloaded the first couple of times I raced in K2, even though I won those times, just so I could get a feel for the new parameters.

A couple of things did help, they weren't really tricks or anything like that though.

First, try to look as far ahead of you whilst on the track, the greater the distance without sacrificing immediate focus the better. Think of driving a car. That way you can anticipate most non moving obstacles with relative ease (moving objects you remember after they crash into you ;) )

Secondly, don't try to pass over every acceleration vent throughout the track, once you reach what you believe to be your maximum controllable speed you'll usually be able to win without the need of further acceleration. (for me that's usually what I call third stage blur)

Finally, not really sure if this is one that really works or if it's just some crazy placebo affect my brain's tries to pull on me to psyche me out. Whilst racing, I tend to tap the gear change button (A) repeatedly at like quater second intervals, so that the change in speed is immediate when I pass over an acceleration pad. even if it does work it's probably only like an eigth of a second per change.

Anyways, those are the things that worked for me. In K2 I only averaged about 4-5 turns per planet, as I could generally accomplish the first two tiers immediately but it took a few for the final round.

K1 was a completely different story, although I used the same tactics. I would have had a similar average, but like the third time I played through it took me 7 turns to beat the final tier on Manaan!!

Overall I found K2 to be much easier than K1... don't ask me why. No idea.

Also, has anyone ever noticed the most frustrating fact about swoop racing. You always get the most kick ass score in the first race, and then it takes another 3 turns to duplicate it (like just about every time I outsripped the final tier time in the first race, but then couldn't duplicate when it came to that tier)

Im not sure why everyone thinks it so hard... all you have to do is keep clicking the mouse and you will speed up. When an obstical comes near just jump over it/move around it. Try to go through the speed areas so you can reach max speed faster.

Ive beaten all of the best times by atleast 5 seconds.

I hope my first post was useful to someone :)

yeah, i never bothered with swoop racing.

Speaking of Which, i missed the 'funniest line' thread, but my fav is where you talk to that guy who says 'swoop' all the time.

Weirdo "me go swoop swoop all the time swoop!"

You "Yeah that's nice,...Im going to go stand over here now.."