Bioware Survey

Arkan

And now this thread will turn into a retard-fest when Volourn tries desperately to convince everyone that random posts on an obscure developer board are actual news and that there's lots and lotzzz of info about Dragon Age everywhere and it's common knowledge and blah blah bs bs bs.

Anyhow, on topic: care to share what the survey was asking about more specifically? Would be interesting to hear.

Should have saved the e-mail I guess...

Most of the questions centered around handheld devices, games, rpgs, etc.

The first one turned me off, though.

Which system do you own? It listed everything currently available except PC

Which game character is your favorite?

Would you play a game on a handheld if it featured your favorite character?

Would you play a crpg on a handheld?

That type of nonsense.

Also, the propagand for taking the survey? "Taking this poll will help us build/shape/create the games you will be playing in the future."

Fat chance.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The first one turned me off, though.

Which system do you own? It listed everything currently available except PC

I hope you wrote them a stern email. :blink:

Next thing we hear will be on Gamespot news: Bioware ceases development of Dragon Age - CEO cites in-house research showing 'no gamers own PCs'! :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The advantage of handhels games are that theyre simple enough to be developed by a very small team, no more than 10 people (and thats for a very advanced one, some sloppy timewaster for the DS could be done by 1-2 people)

But CRPG's as a timewaster you play on the subway on your way to work? Nah, bad idea.

Eh, just remember: The origional Mortal Combat was made by four people and ended-up becoming one of the biggest titles on any console ever. Big things, small packages, bla bla bla

Eh, just remember: The origional Mortal Combat was made by four people and ended-up becoming one of the biggest titles on any console ever.  Big things, small packages, bla bla bla

Yeah...what 15 years ago?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Again, why would it?

It's not like Bioware is struggling financially.

They may figure that it might not be economically viable or they never land a publisher for the game.

Getting a publisher when you can self-fund the game is much, much easier. I highly doubt that one of the AAA developers with a history of selling games in bundles will have any problems whatsoever getting a publisher, especially if they money they need to contribute is limited to distribution and promotion.

Yeah, they were bought Elevation (with Pandemic), and literally have more operating capital than they have ever worked with before, with opportunities galore.

Clearly they are down and out.

Edited by alanschu

They invested in the 360.

They're going down.

Perhaps when some surviving devs eventually gather and try to rebuild a new company, they'll realize that they should have kept to the lucrative PC RPG niche market.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I am never going to be getting a console so if Bioware leaves the PC market that's it for me. And what is this about "if Dragon Age is still being worked on"?

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Some feels it's just a front to appease PC fans.

Which is kind of funny. If Bioware had plans to abandon the PC market, there'd be no sense in even humouring us. The opinion of PC gamers wouldn't matter to them anymore, because they'd no longer be customers of Bioware.

Rubbish. If someone is so PC gaming that they'd be boycotting Bioware if they stopped making PC games, probably isn't getting a console to play their games anyways.

I fail to see how "Oh look, we're still making a PC game" has any real bearing on "coaxing" their PC fans into buying consoles. Why would they do that? The influence Bioware has with making people buy consoles is the games they release on the console.

Are you actually suggesting that the false promise of a PC game entices people to buy consoles and their console games, under the assumption that people will do this to somehow help fund the PC game in development?

Allan, why do you even bother? It's Visceris.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds