jedi robe inconsistencies

the trial took place before the JCW, did anybody notice that Vrook wore new jedi robe instead of the old fashioned kotor robe? i'm curious to know if it was intentional or due to the deadline because i did find the robes'models, i didn't find all the textures but the models were there, also none of the masters at the trial wore any of the old council member robes you see on Rakata Prime at the end of Kotor. in the tomb of Ludo Kressh the first vision featured jedi wearing old style robes, dark Exile wore the latest dark jedi robe instead. do you thinks fine the way they did or would you prefer something like this? (just when showing the past of course) :

robefix.jpg

I'd prefer the picture you have there. This is something that always bothered me idk why. Maybe becuase it was incossistent with the orignaial kotor.

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Somebody tell the Team Gizka guys to add this to the restoration project

It's called restoration project for a reason. Nothing in files says that it was intended that the masters wear KOTOR I robes. Many types of robes existed during the KOTOR era. Who says that the Jedi is restricted to one type of robe? Who says Vrook can't wear a full robe? Maybe it's ceremonial for trials.

come on, it's like seeing an Armani suit a thousand years before his birth. not even that, it's just inconsistent, in the JCW all jedi are shown with those kind of robe, i know the truth is they just didn't spend time on doing better robes for Kotor, and bulkier robes like those we see in TSL are not the latest trend, but i still find kinda awkward that what you see in Kotor suddenly is never existed, never heard of, like "who cares? we've got the new robes!". mmm i think it would have been better to show'em like that at the trial.

In my version of K2, all masters have Kotor 2 robes, instead of those :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

they are supposed too that is just what jinger wanted them to look like

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

they are supposed too that is just what jinger wanted them to look like
just when showing the past, mind you. the new robes are absolutely great looking, this'just a little detail i noticed, nothing more, i don't even like the old robes but i do think they should have shown'em like that just for the Coruscant scene.

Yeah i agree i ddint like the old ropes either I wanted a kind of mix between the old and new ropes.

Also Vrook's conversation with Vandar in K2 would need to update that as well

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

mmm i think it would have been better to show'em like that at the trial.

They'd seem rather informal for Council Meetings and trials. I'd just put them in where Vrook talks to Vandar. Or perhaps put some other member on the council, who aren't speaking, in the robes. :ermm:

They'd seem rather informal for Council Meetings and trials. I'd just put them in where Vrook talks to Vandar. Or perhaps put some other member on the council, who aren't speaking, in the robes.  :ermm:
where did you get the idea that TSL robes are "formal robes", and the Kotor robes the council wore on dantooine were "informal"? i'm not so sure about that, i've never heard of "cerimonial robes" and general purpose robes. on Rakata Prime some council members wore the robes you see on Zez and Vash, those too have never existed.

They'd seem rather informal for Council Meetings and trials. I'd just put them in where Vrook talks to Vandar. Or perhaps put some other member on the council, who aren't speaking, in the robes.  :ermm:
where did you get the idea that TSL robes are "formal robes", and the Kotor robes the council wore on dantooine were "informal"? i'm not so sure about that, i've never heard of "cerimonial robes" and general purpose robes. on Rakata Prime some council members wore the robes you see on Zez and Vash, those too have never existed.

Think of it as a tuxedo. When you wear a tuxedo, jacket and all, it's more formal then if you didn't wear it with the jacket. The K2 robes are basically the KOTOR I robes with a robe over them.

i don't think the difference btw old and new robes lies in formality though, it's like saying that all of TSL jedi are somewhat more formal than those in Kotor, i have trouble believing that, and even if they were formal robes then they had no place outside of the chambers of the High Council on Coruscant. you could guess maybe those old robe were donned for combat purposes so during the war they always wore them but that couldn't be either, Vash met her fate wearing new robes as she took the battle to the Sith, Vrook battled the mercs in new robes

Game-engine wise? Yes. They are new. But if you take continuity, they are definitly not new.
yeah, i already said i didn't mean TSL robes the latest trend. again what bugged me is that in TSL it's like the robes featured in Kotor never existed, someone would say for the best, someone else would have appreciated some more consistency. it's like the movies here in Italy, in the original trilogy Vader's name was changed into something sounding less bad in italian (bad idea but what is done Edited by jinger

I wouldn't go as far as changing all of the Council's robes to the K1 robes. Maybe just a few pf them in certain places. Hell, put Zhar in the Council chamber in his blue robes...
even just Vrook in his red old robe would be enough, the others never did show up in the first game, and Zhar is de

They'd seem rather informal for Council Meetings and trials. I'd just put them in where Vrook talks to Vandar. Or perhaps put some other member on the council, who aren't speaking, in the robes.  :)

Yes they are informal looking, they dont look like Jedi robes, now what sort of colours are orange and blue for a jedi robe :)" I'm pretty sure the K2 robes look more jedi like and better/realistic

Guest The Architect
Have you guys realised that the German uniforms were grey in World War II, and the SS wore black? OMFG!

:) I think that sums up my thoughts on the matter as well. Seriously, who cares? What difference does it make?

Edited by The Architect

Seriously, who cares? What difference does it make?
now you make it sound like i'm making an issue out of it, i was simply asking if anyone noticed that or shared my preference of a more consistent view of the past. you don't?
the trial took place before the JCW, did anybody notice that Vrook wore new jedi robe instead of the old fashioned kotor robe? i'm curious to know if it was intentional or due to the deadline because i did find the robes'models, i didn't find all the textures but the models were there, also none of the masters at the trial wore any of the old council member robes you see on Rakata Prime at the end of Kotor. in the tomb of Ludo Kressh the first vision featured jedi wearing old style robes, dark Exile wore the latest dark jedi robe instead. do you thinks fine the way they did or would you prefer something like this?
now what sort of colours are orange and blue for a jedi robe  :)"  I'm pretty sure the K2 robes look more jedi like and better/realistic
that's not the point, as awful as they may be Kotor robes are all we saw during the first game, pretending they never existed is just making it worse, they could have simply left the old robes for recordings of the past.