The Comicbook thread Pt. IX

Kaftan Barlast

Wikipedia says Apocalypse is the oldest known mutant.

most of Apocs' powers came from "the ship"

I think it's the ship the master controls.

Yeah, I believe Apocalypse's only mutant power is immortality... but I may be wrong.

he can also "mass shift" but after that it's all from the dang ship.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I donno... but Apocolypse can't stand up to the Black Bolt black.jpg

ya know... the guy who whispers and blows up tanks?

In Black Panther #7 it was a single syllable to defeat/kill apocolypse... and demoish most of Wakandia.

the should he shout I think they put the damage at the solarsystem.

Volumes 2-5 of Fables.  Read Volume 1 previously.  Have volume 6&7 and will read them shortly.  Excellent title, A++ would read again.  I'll try to commandeer a scanner later so I can share some of the better pages.

it's neal Gaiman of Sandman fame... what did you expect?

Volumes 2-5 of Fables.  Read Volume 1 previously.  Have volume 6&7 and will read them shortly.  Excellent title, A++ would read again.  I'll try to commandeer a scanner later so I can share some of the better pages.

it's neal Gaiman of Sandman fame... what did you expect?

Uh...no it isn't.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

um... wow... the hulk tried to boff his sister because of his "animal instict" to mate

Hulk annual 2000

http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/niven/...awf/tac05.html#

The Sappy Tragic Ending

Given her blood relationship and (evidently) a better ability to sympathize with the specific burdens of Gamma-Americans, She-Hulk incorporates the Vision's unsavory revelation into her analysis and strategy of the Hulk's behavior. Thoroughly bruised by an earlier sequence knocking heads with her far more formidable, and evidently thoroughly randy, cousin, she bears the marks of a good beating, including the kind of shiner that would have gotten the Hulk thrown in jail for spousal abuse, had he already achieved his amorous aims with his fairer, smarter cousin.

Sacrificing the last tatters of dignity that attached to her character, She-Hulk therefore looks less to The Art of War and more to Mae West routines for inspiration in how to cope with green kinsmen who won't take no for an answer; yet, at the key moment, when the Hulk stood ready to bash her over the head and drag her, over his shoulder, to a cave somewhere and violate 99% of the rules of the Comics Code Authority (past, present, and future), she turns her back to him and fails to make the appropriately submissive gestures of a green primate keen on mating.

This provokes an eloquent soliloquy of self-pity on the part of the Hulk, in fractured English, fractured logic, and dubious sentimentality, followed by his departure. As the heartbroken Hulk bounds away, She-Hulk dwells on the unfairness of it all, with tears streaming down her eyes.

Remind me how She-Hulk is related to Hulk again? (And mating with cousins is not regarded as incest in a LOT of cultures ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Meh... I dunno, all the female versions of pre existing male superheroes seem to be nothing more than sexy afterthoughts.

Her bio:

ennifer Walters, the meek and mousy lawyer cousin of Bruce Banner (The Incredible Hulk), was the daughter of Los Angeles County Sheriff Morris Walters. Agents of Nicholas Trask, a crime boss who had crossed paths with her father, shot and seriously wounded her on a day when Bruce Banner was in town for a visit. Banner gave her a blood transfusion, as no other donors of her blood type were available; the radioactive blood mutated Jennifer as it had her cousin, transforming her into the green-skinned She-Hulk.

So we can create an army of Hulks, with blood transfusions?

What a stupid concept.

Not to mention the overly-ethical Banner just happens to "infect" a FAMILY MEMBER, no less, with his own tragic affliction.

... Maybe there was some sexual tension, after all ... :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What a stupid concept.

Radioactive-Spider

Toxic chemicals to the eyes

cosmic rays

Super-solider serum

Suit of armor

Marvel's strong suit isn't really Hero origin stories. They do Villians origins better.

What a stupid concept.

Radioactive-Spider

Toxic chemicals to the eyes

cosmic rays

Super-solider serum

Suit of armor

Marvel's strong suit isn't really Hero origin stories. They do Villians origins better.

Well stan lee was always looking for ways to radiate the blood as the main origin. DC had some wacky ones too (firestorm, Martian Manhunter...)

I feel very very sad.... Frank Miller (Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns) has seemingly found his patriotism, and given that converts are ever so much more zelous than the usual... he's writing BATMAN: HOLY TERROR!

guess what... it's batman vs osama bin laden

Reading GI Joe Reloaded. Oh man, this stuff would make a sweet movie. No more cheesy world domination Cobra... now they're a homegrown terrorist organization bent on overthrowing a corrupt US government. Cobra Commander was ex-military, owned a used car lot, the government took everything he owned because of back taxes and taxes he didn't know he had to pay, then because of his money problems his wife left him for her divorce lawyer and he lost whatever he had left to alimony. So he has a bit of a grudge against the government. And has recruited thousands of like minded americans in his quest. Its pretty cool.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I feel very very sad.... Frank Miller (Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns) has seemingly found his patriotism, and given that converts are ever so much more zelous than the usual... he's writing BATMAN: HOLY TERROR!

Are we talking about the same Frank Millar who has trouble writing any stories about women that are not prostitutes?

Are we talking about the same Frank Millar who has trouble writing any stories about women that are not prostitutes?

yup.