FEAR multiplayer = free

Llyranor

Sierra Entertainment, a subsidiary of Vivendi Games, today announced that it is releasing the multiplayer portion of its hit PC horror shooter F.E.A.R. over the Internet for free. The download, dubbed F.E.A.R. Combat, will be available on August 17 and requires gamers to register for a keycode, which can be obtained at the game's official Web site.

Those who download the game will be able to participate in multiplayer frag sessions against other F.E.A.R. Combat owners, as well as those who own the full retail version of the game. Combat will include all the latest updates, 10 game modes, 19 maps, 12 weapons, anticheating-software support, and the ability to download user-created content.

A rep for Sierra said F.E.A.R. Combat was a way to give gamers who might not have played F.E.A.R., which was named GameSpot's Best Shooter for 2005 and GameSpot readers' choice Best PC Game of 2005, a chance to see why it was so well-received. "We had a good multiplayer component and we spent the last eight months building it up, but most people know F.E.A.R. as a single-player game. There's a hardcore group of F.E.A.R. multiplayer fans, and we'd like to expose the multiplayer component to the widest possible audience as possible."

More companies should do this.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'll probably wind up downloading it, it seems pretty cool. is F.E.A.R a good game, like the single player?

It had very good gameplay, if that's what you're asking. I've never seen enemy AI like it before. Beats the pants of HL2.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

are you like a superhero, like in Halo?

yes I am a superhero if that's what your asking :)"

In fear your characters only major bonus over the ai is that he's got enhanced reflexes and essencially bullet time. It's really a good story but you have to get EVERYTHING to figure it out.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

calax, we know you're a superhero. Why else would you spend so much time on the forum if not only to conceal your true identity?

Anyway: But I mean do you have guys that you fight with or is mainly just you?

Just you. It's part of the plot and the guys your fighting are clones.

Edit: actually it's you and the opponent's leader, It's wierd to figure out who's "special" in that game.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.