Do atrocities come with an expiry date?

Kaftan Barlast

I'd say amorality has been the biggest driving force of human prosperity, at least since the reformation, and probably even before it. What seems to me interesting about this is that industrial and economic progress seems to invariably lead to moral progress, as well. So, in my view, morality isn't necessary to progress, but the inverse is true. ;)

:)

As for slavery being ongoing, the fact is that it still does occur in many societies, particularly in Africa (that I know of). Where children are used. There is also sex slavery worldwide and even in 'civilised' countries.

Sad but true. I'd like to personally castrate all those sex-slave gang bosses that dupe/extort female children (and/or their families) into a life of abuse.

Personally.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well like, bottled soda can because it like loses its fizz. But canned soda is fine as long as the can stays shut.

No it expires, look at the bottom of the can. There should be an expiration date on it. Pretty much the only things you won't find an expiration date on is fresh veges/fruit (they just don't have expiration dates, maybe because it's too hard to predict)and sugar.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Every thing comes with an expiration date, even corn.

Honey doesnt. :)

I love honey. For food, it is probably #1, next to ice-cream. And no, honey on ice-cream does not taste good, as much as I wished.

I disagree. It does taste good on vanilla ice cream.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta