On My LifeDrive

Fionavar

hehe - thanks :ermm: I am really quite impressed with the unit. The concerns I have read in most reviews I believe stem from a world that is so accustomed to multi-tasking that there is the expectation the LifeDrive would do this. For a unit this small, however, and with the Palm OS it is more reminiscent of the old 3.1 Windows/original Mac days - one app at a time. It is pretty stable and there is quite the breadth of programmes and tweaks from which to choose. Really the comments of this unit being a sub-notebook are pretty accurate. Wifi awesome and I can print from the unit too!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

W/O Wireless KB: There is the usual graffiti interface and the tapping KB. After you get used to either its fast enough, but obviously it does not compete with the wireless KB. Compared to other PDAs, however, the screen is a huge improvement in relation to being able to view in landscape or portrait. Another nice addition is the native MS Office support. Very nice indeed.

Web Pages: Definitely squished. That having been said, with the KB it remains accessible as an interface. In comparison to other PDAs/Cell phone, the screen is larger and that helps. It's no 19" LCD, but it works.

I am learning after a day of playing it's the jack-of-all-trades I have been waiting for. For certain it has lots of limitations - all things this small do, but its advantages for portability - keeping in mind it is a ONE APPLICATION as a TIME OS - are of great use.

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

The website mentions it as a potential 'camera companion' which interested me at first. I wouldn't mind a device that allowed me to download/view stuff off my memory card on a bigger screen than what's on my camera, w/out needing a bulky laptop with me. The screen doesn't sound too much bigger tho.

My camera uses CompactFlash cards not SD, can the expansion slot use those?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The website mentions it as a potential 'camera companion' which interested me at first. I wouldn't mind a device that allowed me to download/view stuff off my memory card on a bigger screen than what's on my camera, w/out needing a bulky laptop with me. The screen doesn't sound too much bigger tho.

My camera uses CompactFlash cards not SD, can the expansion slot use those?

Expansion Slot Supports SD, SDIO and MultiMediaCard

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

MultiiMedia is so vague. I hate vagueness. :D

Sounds like it would likely work tho. Thanks, I'll look into it more.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts