What did Revan discover?

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

Even if we assume that Revan found out about the 'True Sith' at the Trayus Academy on Malachor V, what exactly did Revan discover on Malachor V? This is what gets me, so, any thoughts people...

Edited by The Architect

thats why there must be a 3rd game. im really not sure what she found

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Revan discovered something in Trayus, I believe there was something on Malachor which was some tool of the Darkside which made Revan uber bad, but considering that Trayus Academy is CUTZORZ it leaves information left out that we still have to find out, either in k3 or k2 RP

Because Kreia was one of Revan's masters... those it all come together now?

Think about Vrook's words when they see Kreia on Dantooine: "Is this your master, Exile?" Then your path is truly in danger. = DS

Revan... learned from Kreia + went to Mal V = Fall to the DS

Because Kreia was one of Revan's masters... those it all come together now?

Think about Vrook's words when they see Kreia on Dantooine: "Is this your master, Exile?" Then your path is truly in danger. = DS

Revan... learned from Kreia + went to Mal V = Fall to the DS

I see.

OT- I also hate that when I go to the light side everytime i talk to her I loose influence, because shes so bad. :-

"For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is"

For one thing Kreia isnt evil as you all say, you evidentally pay no attention to the game whatsoever.

For one Kreia isnt evil, she just wants to prove both the Sith and Jedi wrong about the force, they dont listen to her so her main goal now is to destroy the force with the Exiles help. She has walked both pathes of Dark and Light, and we know this for the Jedi Masters had remembered her and the fact that she taught Revan when he was still a jedi, hence her having to be one as well, and the movie of her being Exiled on Malachor - Trayus

And her allignment is neutral and grey all the time because your influence isnt as strong as hers, she isnt going to turn to any side because as I have said, she is against the whole jedi and sith and force parts.

Even if we assume that Revan found out about the 'True Sith' at the Trayus Academy on Malachor V, what exactly did Revan discover on Malachor V? This is what gets me, so, any thoughts people...

I think Atris hints at this if you leave her to the Sith holocrons. She asks about the Sith teachings at Malachor and why they are based on 'leeching' or causing 'wounds'. The holocron's response is that the teachings act as some kind of beacon, but Obsidian chose not to elaborate on this. We can only assume that they are beacons for the 'True Sith' empire.

Also, it is mentioned by Kreia that the 'True' Sith have 'forgotten' about Korriban and Malachor. If this is part of Obsidian's future story arch then it's another reason why The Exile has to destroy Nihilus and Sion: to prevent the True Sith from discovering two of their forgotten (and probably most dangerous) technique's.

But seeing the direction Obsidian took Kotor, it's obvious to me that Revan is a little out of place. The 1st Kotor wasn't made to be part of a series. It's my view that Revan was added into the future plot partially because of fan service. What happened at Malachor doesn't seem as connected to Revan as it does the Exile.

I think Revan's importance extends to the point where he tries to get back at these Sith for indirectly tempting him to the ds and causing the Mando wars, which then led him to start his own war. Revan's role doesn't extend to affect the symbolic significance of the new threat, that role goes to The Exile. If a new character is brought in, he'll have to be carefully placed in the story or otherwise he'll seem forced.

Guest The Architect
I think Atris hints at this if you leave her to the Sith holocrons. She asks about the Sith teachings at Malachor and why they are based on 'leeching' or causing 'wounds'. The holocron's response is that the teachings act as some kind of beacon, but Obsidian chose not to elaborate on this. We can only assume that they are beacons for the 'True Sith' empire.

At this stage, yes, that's a fair assumption to make...

Also, it is mentioned by Kreia that the 'True' Sith have 'forgotten' about Korriban and Malachor. If this is part of Obsidian's future story arch then it's another reason why The Exile has to destroy Nihilus and Sion: to prevent the True Sith from discovering two of their forgotten (and probably most dangerous) technique's.

Yeah, I'd say so...

But seeing the direction Obsidian took Kotor, it's obvious to me that Revan is a little out of place. The 1st Kotor wasn't made to be part of a series. It's my view that Revan was added into the future plot partially because of fan service. What happened at Malachor doesn't seem as connected to Revan as it does the Exile.

Of course. Obsidian could of killed Revan off if they wanted to, however, due to Revan's large fan base, it may not have been the wisest thing to do, I'm sure it would have pissed of many of the Revan worshippers out there, but for all we know, Revan could be dead anyway, we just don't know at this stage. But IMO, I liked what Obsidian did to Revan's character, they left a lot of things regarding Revan's choices/actions up to the players own interpretations/point of view, and they also went into more depth with Revan's character than what BioWare did if you ask me.

I think Revan's importance extends to the point where he tries to get back at these Sith for indirectly tempting him to the ds and causing the Mando wars, which then led him to start his own war. Revan's role doesn't extend to affect the symbolic significance of the new threat, that role goes to The Exile.  If a new character is brought in, he'll have to be carefully placed in the story or otherwise he'll seem forced.

Well for a start, a new main character must be put in. Revan and/or the Exile simply cannot and should not be the main PC/s of KOTOR III, I could write an encyclopedia as to why they shouldn't be the main characters. their power-levels are only one of the many problems that arise from having Revan and/or the Exile as the main character/s in KOTOR III.

So yes, if the devs of KOTOR III (assuming there is one at this stage) decide to bring closure to the 'Revan/Exile/True Sith' story-arch, then the new main character will have to be carefully dragged into the events of KOTOR III in a plausible way, but I don't really think that's too hard, for me, coming up with a solid backstory for the new main character is the big problem (if KOTOR III deals with the 'True Sith' scenario) because I hear many people say that they want to begin as a new young force-sensitive 'padawan' at the New Jedi Academy on Coruscant but the problem is, isn't that forced? Why does your main character join the Jedi Order? Do you have any say on the matter? If so, why not? It's things like this that need to be clarified so they make sense before we can move on to the KOTOR III plot, you must plan your backstory and make sure nothing comes up in the KOTOR III plot that contradicts anything from the previous KOTOR's...

If you remember correctly, Kreia sought the DEATH of the the force, not to pick a certain side. Sometimes I think she is an incarnation of Satan hisself, always seeking a higher evil.

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

Well for a start, a new main character must be put in. Revan and/or the Exile simply cannot and should not be the main PC/s of KOTOR III, I could write an encyclopedia as to why they shouldn't be the main characters. their power-levels are only one of the many problems that arise from having Revan and/or the Exile as the main character/s in KOTOR III.

So yes, if the devs of KOTOR III (assuming there is one at this stage) decide to bring closure to the 'Revan/Exile/True Sith' story-arch, then the new main character will have to be carefully dragged into the events of KOTOR III in a plausible way, but I don't really think that's too hard, for me, coming up with a solid backstory for the new main character is the big problem (if KOTOR III deals with the 'True Sith' scenario) because I hear many people say that they want to begin as a new young force-sensitive 'padawan' at the New Jedi Academy on Coruscant but the problem is, isn't that forced? Why does your main character join the Jedi Order? Do you have any say on the matter? If so, why not? It's things like this that need to be clarified so they make sense before we can move on to the KOTOR III plot, you must plan your backstory and make sure nothing comes up in the KOTOR III plot that contradicts anything from the previous KOTOR's...

I agree. I dislike the fact that your character in K1 and K2 are affiliated with the Republic or Jedi from the start. Your new character should not associate with any faction at the start, instead in the early game depending on the character's progression will determine whether or not they follow the Sith, Jedi, Republic, Exchange, or goes off alone as a renegade or rogue.

And her allignment is neutral and grey all the time because your influence isnt as strong as hers, she isnt going to turn to any side because as I have said, she is against the whole jedi and sith and force parts.

Man you are so right on everything thats is diffenatly how I saw it, But whats up with the apathy is death clip cause she was making you pick there. and yes know it was a vision but you know kreia probably had something to do with that and they all go after you when you say you don't care who kills who. :blink:

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

well hence the KNIGHTS in the name kotor thatd probably be why u start jedi. oh that apathy thing confused me

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn