Chinese enormous model building

Walsingham

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/19/hu...angtan_mystery/

Google Earth shows a massive (900m) outdoor model of a landscape near a Chinese military base. I can't imagine what they need it for. Can you?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm guessing some kind of military landscape training exercise but who knows.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

seoul_grab.jpg

Launch ze missiles!

A great site that one.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The black helicopter article/contest with the "hidden" military facilities like Cheyenne mountain and all the weapons facilities is pure gold too.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gee how mysterious, ya know, a military base having a terrain excersise ground laid out like that.

It's almost like they want to train their infantry. Those wacky Chinese!

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Alas for the Chinese, the Indians have constructed a massive defense fortress in the little bit in the bottom left corner that was left off so the road could go through, and the attacking Chinese forces will be untrained to deal with it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Gee how mysterious, ya know, a military base having a terrain excersise ground laid out like that.

It's almost like they want to train their infantry. Those wacky Chinese!

Yes, because that's how all great militaries train now. They shrink their troops to miniscule size and set them loose. <_<

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And what exactly is miniscule about a 900m long model?

Even if its not for infantry it could be for vehicle research or some other mundane thing like that. You have to be a real sad and boring person to make things like that sound mysterious in order to find them interesting.

I mean what the hell do you think they're doing, holding an art class out in the desert? Get a grip.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

It's too big to traverse without trampling the details, mate. If you ask me they're sending a message to India.

Serruptitius: GOLD. ;)

-Elwood Blues