NHL

Darque

At least you weren't blown out of the building by the Thrashers.. :bat:

Suddenly my early season playoff hopes just up and disappeared.. Sigh.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And tonite we have to shoot holes on Huet, arguably the hottest goalie in the NHL right now! That's a difficult task, but we've lost three straight and four out of our five latest. We have to start winning, and Sundin really has to get going again after his injury.

GO LEAFS GO!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm just grateful that I can watch the Oilers on Center Ice tonight. I'll be a happy camper next season when HNIC switches to CTV. Hopefully some of these archaic rules like not broadcasting any canadian teams unless its on CBC have to go.

And to my beloved Oilers, please don't **** the bed tonight like you did against the Avs.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Bah! I like CBC. Every other channel has these huge scoreboards across the top of the screen. CBC has a nice little one that doesn't take up any more space than what it needs.

TSN shows Canadian teams play as well. It's only Saturdays that CBC has the monopoly on. :p

EDIT: On the Huet/Allstar game thing. CBC just confirmed that the players were named at the end of October, before Huet got on his hot streak. ^_^

Edited by Deraldin

TSN shows Canadian teams play as well. It's only Saturdays that CBC has the monopoly on.  :huh:

That's what I was referring to.

And I wasn't hoping to break out the rally caps this early. C'mon, you're playing the Blue Jackets :p

edit: amd Ryan Smyth breaks his thumb in the first period. That's just perfect.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

edit:  amd Ryan Smyth breaks his thumb in the first period.  That's just perfect.

That sucks big time. :huh:

I need to get myself a Koivu jersey. The guy just doesn't quit. He's like the Canadiens version of Smyth, except smaller and not Canadian. He had two goals in the third period to tie the score at 3-3 with Toronto. :p

And Koivu get's the first shootout goal! :joy: Then Sundin scores on the next shot. :huh: And Souray totally dekes out Raycroft while Wellwood hits the crossbar. Montreal winnar! Take that Mkreku! :huh:

EDIT: Hey Mkreku!

booyahbg7.jpg

Edited by Deraldin

Ah well, at least we only let in four goals this time around, not seven. That's a positive after our second loss in a row. No wait that's three now. Let's get this slump losing streak over before Christmas, K?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Three game winning streak since they dropped Yawney, no way you can survive with a name like that. The Hawks could really get on a good run here if they keep playing well.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Wow, just catching up on last night's action from Washington. Ovechkin pushed Danny Briere into the boards so hard he opened up the gate to the players' bench.

Not cool at all. <_<

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Things aren't looking to positive tonight. No Smytty and no Hemsky? Yikes? A chance to blow first place in the division? Yikes. MaGoo is the ref? Double yikes?

It's a good thing I'm a 'glass is half full' kind of guy.

edit:on a more uplifting note, I managed to finish off last week in 915th spot in my Sportsnet pool. Eat that Ray Ferraro!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Wow, Roli refound his form mighty quick.  Way to hold us in there, goalie man!!

Yeah, and it's very promising that every time he has an off game or two, he seems to bounce back very quickly. He appears very strong mentally.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I remember him having one or two poor games in a row and then bouncing back a bit earlier as well. I think it was the Anaheim/Phoenix time when we lost back to back 6-2 games.

Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise and it's enough of a kick in the ass for the people that have been slumping, that cannot rely on Smyth nor Hemsky to carry them offensively.

Meanwhile Boston scores 6 on Montreal tonight. <_<

I watched that game and, wow, talk about bad goaltending. I know there were some screens set up, but there was some bad net work out there.

I'm glad to see Boston is putting it together. They had a 4-1 lead, let Montreal tie it. Went up 5-4, let Montreal tie it. Finally, the 6-5 lead stuck.

Meanwhile Boston scores 6 on Montreal tonight. <_<

I watched that game and, wow, talk about bad goaltending. I know there were some screens set up, but there was some bad net work out there.

I'm glad to see Boston is putting it together. They had a 4-1 lead, let Montreal tie it. Went up 5-4, let Montreal tie it. Finally, the 6-5 lead stuck.

I didn't get to see the game as it wasn't televised here, but considering what happened with the goaltending I suppose it's just as well... <_<

I've been guilty of hacking on Brett Hull on more than one occasion, but it's nice to see his jersey being retired in St.Louis. He had some really exciting seasons there with my boy Adam Oates.

And wouldn't you know it? Last week when I posted the players I was going to pick for this week in my pool, I had my mind set. Then after watching the Oilers skid for three games in a row I changed my lineup Monday morning. Gone were Smyth ( that one I can forgive), Sykora, Horcoff and Roloson. Now I'm stuck with Daniel Alfredsson for another five days. ;)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif