NHL

Darque

Well, the 'Hawks got blanked last night, pretty much because attack time consist of someone shooting the puck into the offensive zone and then changing the lines behind the action and then going back on defense. Other then that though everything appears to be smooth sailing.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's true, it wasn't pretty. But it counted. And if that's what it takes for Marty Reasoner to get points, so be it. He's earned the easy goals after logging in those hard minutes on the checking line and the PK.

edit: despite losing tonight, Minnesota>Colorado

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Oh, Minny has some depth this year. Although Gaborik is down with a slight groin pull, he and Demitra and Kevin Stevens whoever else they play with on the top line is formidable. Some nights its Mark Parrish, others Branko Radivojevic.

The difference in this season is that the Wild actually have a great second line. Four year pro Pierre Marc Bouchard is, for lack of a better term, 'bringing it' this season. Pair him with the incredibly talented Brian Rolston and undersized overachiever Todd White, add in a fair bit of chemistry that was created late last season, and you've got the basis for a second line that can hurt you on most given nights.

Thirty points between the three of the second line players in ten games, not counting tonight. Not bad for a second line at all. It's actually more than Gaborik and Demitra and half of the rest of Minny's roster combined.

Rounding down the rest of the roster, you've got about ten goals a year for Pascal Dupuis, elite checking line center Wes Walz, who has also notched about thirty points a year consistantly in the third line role. Shootout genious Mikku Koivu is only getting better as well.

Add in a checking line that features freak of nature Derek Boooogaaard, and there's a little bit of depth going on, I'd say.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Damn Kor, time to start that analyst job, after you start that analist job, if you know what I mean. :blink:

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's just too bad there isn't a Grapefruit league in hockey. :blink:

edit: and my friends say I have the perfect face.

for radio

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well, the 'Hawks got blanked last night, pretty much because attack time consist of someone shooting the puck into the offensive zone and then changing the lines behind the action and then going back on defense. Other then that though everything appears to be smooth sailing.

At least I got to be a fair weather hockey fan for the pre-season

Dave Nonis sounds off on todays' NHL. He raises some valid points.

And I see on the ticker for one of the sports channels that both Brian Rolston and Mike Knuble are looking to miss some time with injuries. Not cool. Not cool at all. :(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I agree with him. I think you should be a free agent as soon as you enter the league. IMO, there should be no draft. I hate the whole idea behind a certain team 'owning the rights' to a certain player. That's ridicolus and then when someone like Eric Lindros actually has the BALLS to say he doesn't want to be forced to play for a certain be villified like he's some type of monster.

Free Agency and the right to choose where you work should be the RIGHT of every worker in a FREE SOCIETY!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I agree with him. I think you should be a free agent as soon as you enter the league. IMO, there should be no draft. I hate the whole idea behind a certain team 'owning the rights' to a certain player. That's ridicolus and then when someone like Eric Lindros actually has the BALLS to say he doesn't want to be forced to play for a certain be villified like he's some type of monster.

Free Agency and the right to choose where you work should be the RIGHT of every worker in a FREE SOCIETY!!!

Unfortunately that would completely cripple the parity that the current NHL has. Bad teams would get worse and good teams would get all the top notch talent.

How? With the salary cap, it be impossible for every team to afford all the top endn talent. Even in the old days, there's no way any one team could collect ALL the top line talent - egos don't work that way. There is no way an ace front line center would accept to play on the 4th line.

Besdies, if teams cna't convince playuers to play for them they don't deserve them.

People should have the right to choose where they work.

Period.

So basically, you'd want to remove all immigration rules too? The entire country of Iraq could move next door to you and you would not complain? I mean, "People should have the right to choose where they work", right?

Eric Lindros.. Yeah, the guy who went crying to daddy, "the manager", when he found out something they forgot to tell him in school: some people speak.. non-americanish (aka. french) in Quebec!! I guess that's what they call "balls" in Canada.

Glad to see the pollution is spreading in the NHL thread too. Bah.

At least the Leafs won over red-hot Atlanta. It's strange, but Toronto always seems to have an easy time against Atlanta, even when Atlanta are playing much better hockey than the Leafs in general. Sundin seems to have an awful tough time finding the net though. It's worrying since he usually scores around 20% of the teams goals himself each year.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey, nobody forces the draftees to sign any contracts. I think that if you're drafted by a team that you don't want to play for, don't sign, wait a year and then take your chances in the next years draft.

I actually liked Nonis-es? comments about the schedule a fair bit. He's dead on when he says the eastern teams have a less intense travel schedule.

I guess any player that doesn't want to change time zones more than five times a season shouldn't bother signing in the west then, should they Volo?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

How? With the salary cap, it be impossible for every team to afford all the top endn talent. Even in the old days, there's no way any one team could collect ALL the top line talent - egos don't work that way. There is no way an ace front line  center would accept to play on the 4th line.

You do of course realise that there's a cap on entry-level contracts? Any team could have the top ten prospects in the league and still afford a couple of superstars safely under the cap.

Besdies, if teams cna't convince playuers to play for them they don't deserve them.

Ooookay.

People should have the right to choose where they work.

Yes. Er... I want to work at Volvo. Now. If I don't get an elevated position withing the Volvo organization I'm going on a hunger strike.

Thank Gawd.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

"Yes. Er... I want to work at Volvo. Now. If I don't get an elevated position withing the Volvo organization I'm going on a hunger strike."

Eh? Except the fact that employers should have the right to choose who they hire as well. It's a two way deal.

"So basically, you'd want to remove all immigration rules too? The entire country of Iraq could move next door to you and you would not complain? I mean, "People should have the right to choose where they work", right?"

Please don't troll in the NHL thread about a serious subject like human rights. Thank you. :(

Edited by Volourn

"Yes. Er... I want to work at Volvo. Now. If I don't get an elevated position withing the Volvo organization I'm going on a hunger strike."

Eh? Except the fact that employers should have the right to choose who they hire as well. It's a two way deal.

You are so PERCEPTIVE. I was mocking your grasp of the options available to a player. The draft will assign the rights to sign a certain player to a certain team. This is the agreement among NHL clubs to ensure a fairer playing field; clubs are effectively giving up the chance to go after any player in order to avoid mercenary activity among not-yet-so-levelheaded youngsters. The players then have the option to sign with the club that drafted them or sit out until they become eligible for the draft again. They can also go the FCP route and demand their rights to be traded. If they don't like this draft situation at all they can play in another league. The NHL has a draft system, so if you want to play in the NHL you go through the draft.

If I want to work at Volvo I go to an interview and hope to get the job, and the point is that you can't always choose or like the rules of a certain organization. You might as well start complaining about on-ice rules: "I don't like the hooking penalty; players should be allowed to hook because they're living in a free world and hooking isn't against the law." Call it a silly comparison, but it's exactly the same thing.

Please don't troll in the NHL thread

I just threw up a little.

" The players then have the option to sign with the club that drafted them or sit out until they become eligible for the draft again. "

Yeah, and miss out on an entire season. There is NO logic in that, and therefore very little meaningful choice.

"They can also go the FCP route and demand their rights to be traded."

Yeah, and be blackmarked as whiny, selfish, and too much trouble (unless you are a prime time player like Eric Lindros who was a surefire star player).

"If I want to work at Volvo I go to an interview and hope to get the job, and the point is that you can't always choose or like the rules of a certain organization. You might as well start complaining about on-ice rules: "I don't like the hooking penalty; players should be allowed to hook because they're living in a free world and hooking isn't against the law." Call it a silly comparison, but it's exactly the same thing."

Your comparisons are horrible. btw, 'Hooking' is akin to physical violence which is ILLEGAL.

Game over.

Edited by Volourn

" The players then have the option to sign with the club that drafted them or sit out until they become eligible for the draft again. "

Yeah, and miss out on an entire season. There is NO logic in that, and therefore very little meaningful choice.

It is still their choice. It's not like the world stops if they don't play in the NHL. Playing in the NHL is a privilege that is subject to certain rules specific to their organization, and if a player doesn't like the rules they can play elsewhere.

"They can also go the FCP route and demand their rights to be traded."

Yeah, and be blackmarked as whiny, selfish, and too much trouble (unless you are a prime time player like Eric Lindros who was a surefire star player).

Which ultimately is their own problem and something they'll have to evaluate themselves.

"If I want to work at Volvo I go to an interview and hope to get the job, and the point is that you can't always choose or like the rules of a certain organization. You might as well start complaining about on-ice rules: "I don't like the hooking penalty; players should be allowed to hook because they're living in a free world and hooking isn't against the law." Call it a silly comparison, but it's exactly the same thing."

Your comparisons are horrible.  btw, 'Hooking' is akin to physical violence which is ILLEGAL.

How is something "akin" to physical violence illegal? Hold on, are you saying that what they are doing on NHL rinks is illegal? And if so, how come the NHL hasn't been punished for their illegal practice and how can you be so immoral as to follow it?

Game over.

Hahaha! I'm not sure you're aware of it, but you can be really funny in a not-so-charming way.

"Ahh, Volo is just being a douche because the Rangers helped the Kings end their losing streak last night."

Eh? This discussion line occured before the Rangers choked last night....

but...

R00fles, anyways!

Lindqvuist is having a horrible second year!!!

Toronto won! We're now at 7 wins, 7 losses! Yay, the Cup is ours!! :()

And Malkin is amazing. Damn, he scores some Ovechkin-like goals. I envy the Penguins.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!