Star Wars Redone?

Old 3 Star Wars Episodes redone?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Old 3 Star Wars Episodes redone?

• Yeah, Why not
    • No, leave them
    • Who cares

Remake 4, 5, 6? Heck no. They were orginal and made the Star Wars movie what they were. If I had to, I may remake Empire Strikes Back. If they had to remake any of the movies, maybe they should remake Episodes 2 and 3. The dialogue in both was horrid, and I do mean horrid, which they made up in nice battle scenes and lightsaber fights. George Lucas has good imagine but the dialogue... my god... the dialogue...

Too much of the dialog in ep 1-3 seemed like either unnecessary explanation or what might have been written in a book about someone's thoughts rather than what someone might actually say.

The whole "what are midichlorians" discussion between Anikan and Qui-Gonn, for example, was not the voice of an inquisitive child or patient tutor, it was gratuitous narrative.

I watched ep4 last night, and I noticed that the sound quality wasnt as good as previous episodes (of course)

THX evidentally arent as cracked up as they say they are.

Everytime when I turn on Star Wars or some other movie with THX doing the sound, its always got that annoying sound which almost deafens you and then "SUPERIOR UBER SOUND QUALITY"  yeah... right

I highly agree cause thats what I notices and I also thought the acting was bad.

Except for Han Solo. and the whole lightsaber graphics can be better but we all know Lucas could help that. And the jokes were a little corny which made it VERY funny and crazy at the same time. But don't get me wrong Im a hard core star wars fan im just would never say no to a star wars anything if I had a say.

Yeah, the lightsaber graphics where real poor in episode 4, but what do you expect? It was made in the 70s or whatever, when luke turned on the lightsaber it was one scene of him having it off, then quickly edited it so in the next scene quickly the saber was up ect. the whole fighting the death star and luke shooting it, the whole thing looked like plastic. Oh and while in the death star trench the scenes of the anti aifcraft defence tower things (forgot what they where called) those scenes where shown over and over, same 'destroyed x-wing' scenes when yet another fighter was shot down...

If I had to, I may remake Empire Strikes Back. If they had to remake any of the movies

I wouldnt, personally not liking it originally, but after watching it recently and not having watched it for a while, I understand and like it. It is sorta like KotOR1, i know you cant compare anything like the storyline but both of these things where core strong things in their series. Maybe better the graphics but not the story, I really liked ESB very long and satisfying.

Too much of the dialog in ep 1-3 seemed like either unnecessary explanation or what might have been written in a book about someone's thoughts rather than what someone might actually say.

I really think they sorta turned episode 1-3 into jokes a bit? like in episode 3 the graphics where good dont get me wrong, but some stupid unneccisary stuff was put into it, things where overdone and made it stupid and almost comical, with the whole confederacy droids making comments and stuff like "Your welcome..." when grevous snatches the lightsabers off. And that R2 oil slick was a bit odd. Cant the droids just stay their normal boring idiot following orders like good little droids form? The comedy in it was a bit far, especially how the droid fighters where talking for one, and they where screaming n stuff when obi n anakin where sabering them right when they boarded the capital ship.

Then it's GL fault that he isn't king of hollywood and of the world... coz it's the fans who make the difference!

No fans... no star wars

No star wars... no money

No money = GL in the deadzone

I would like to see all star wars episodes in animated style, kinda like the FF series.

Maybe if the sequels are ever made they could be made aminated.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

He's already butchered the OT with some of his changes. Leave them be.

If GL is so jazzed about doing more things with the Star Wars universe, create new movies instead of tampering with existing ones.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah I agree, If they do make a animated series make it detailed, not like that Clone Wars cartoon, or some of those others. I believe that a cartoon series could screw it up. If they do make more movies, like I said I would like to see them either Mandy Wars, Kotor, Great hyperspace wars.

We already have tones and tones of books based on the events of what happens after RotJ and games, so I reckon we need something new that we dont hear or see much.

They are not going to start the Legacy Era(127 years ABY) to say: "Let's go back and do Knights of the Old Republic!". Nope, I think that they'll maybe make books and comic books, but they aren't going to make a t.v. series since they are already making two, one live action and one animated for those between the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War.

They shouldn't hae redone them in he firs place.  Greedo shot first my ass.  :o

I never quite understood why people make a fuss about it. I've read about the subject, seen the differences and it does not provide a good enough reason for hardcore fanboys to keep getting aneurisms over.

Agreed there, while I preferred it with Han first it certainly isn't something worth arguing or winging about. There are far more important things in live.

They shouldn't hae redone them in he firs place.  Greedo shot first my ass.  :(

I never quite understood why people make a fuss about it. I've read about the subject, seen the differences and it does not provide a good enough reason for hardcore fanboys to keep getting aneurisms over.

There's a funny quote by Leia in the latest Star Wars novel that takes a tongue-in-cheek shot at this fact.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well I think it would be cool if in the original 3 movies they redid the lightsaber battles because they were horrible compared to the ones in the other movies.

They aren't horrible, George made a perfectly good movie that didn't have a bunch of flips and un-needed lengthy fight scenes.

The fight scenes are necessary for Star Wars, and the longer the better (of course not an hour long). But think that Episodes 4, 5 and 6 were made in between the 70s and 80s, and special effects weren't as stunning as now.