Happy Birthday, Ringo!

Checkpoint

I have a special relation to the Beatles, and today the coolest drummer in rock'n'roll turns 66! Ringo is also very underrated, but listen to songs like "Rain", "Tomorrow Never Knows", "Come Together", and "The End" to find some gems in a catalogue that needs no further introduction.

Happy B-day, Mr. Starkey!

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

No, Paul is dead.

He most certainly is. Just look at the album cover.

Actually, Paul is alive but, at this point, wishing he were dead.

He's not going to have a happy birthday this time around, I'm afraid.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

He actually turned 64 just a couple of weeks ago (just like in the song!). His wife wasn't invited to the celebrations.

I have a special relation to the Beatles, and today the coolest drummer in rock'n'roll turns 66! Ringo is also very underrated, but listen to songs like "Rain", "Tomorrow Never Knows", "Come Together", and "The End" to find some gems in a catalogue that needs no further introduction.

'He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles!'

Happy Birthday, Mr. Starkey!

Happy Birthday Ringo.

Ranking the Beatles -- George Harrison, Ringo, John, and then Paul is a distant 4th.

Did you know Paul has gone back to change all the writing credits on the songs from Lennon/McCarthy to McCarthy/Lennon?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Happy Birthday Ringo.

Ranking the Beatles -- George Harrison, Ringo, John, and then Paul is a distant 4th.

Did you know Paul has gone back to change all the writing credits on the songs from Lennon/McCarthy to McCarthy/Lennon?

His name is McCartney and not McCarthy. ;) He has also got this idea into his head after George died that he wrote half of "Something" and other not so classy things.

I rather like Paul McCartney. Some of his stuff with Wings is good music. Swine.

On the other hand, I think Lennon is over-rated. Some good songs, no doubt, but nothing that deserves the sort of strange worship that exists in some quarters.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Soon birthday threads are going to be banned...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Yeah, but this thread has turned into a discussion of the beatles, so no big deal. :Eldar's toothy grin icon:

Not only that, but I've been listening to a lot of Beatles this morning to celebrate Ringo's bday.

Obsidian Plays

Soon birthday threads are going to be banned...

That may be, but I did notice nobody made one for that "monkey in the White House" the other day... (Hades' words, not mine :lol:" )

Although there is the possibility it was simply flamed and closed so fast I missed it.

Eh, I'd vote for Ringo over GWB anyway.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

John and Paul have both had some catchy/good tunes but overall I preferred the 'sound' they created through their creative bickering together, particularly in the later years of the Beatles.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts