What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Darth Launch

The Ink Spots - My Prayer

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Atmosphere/Headshots--Higher Living

I've only heard one Atmosphere song ("Trying to Find a Balance") and I thought it was awesome. Where's a good place to start for them? Any ideas on what album I should look for?

Social Distortion - Crown of Thorns

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I've only heard one Atmosphere song ("Trying to Find a Balance") and I thought it was awesome. Where's a good place to start for them?

rubbish_bin.jpg

I kid, I kid.

Seriously, if you're looking for the white-boy-can't-really-rap-but-it's-okay-we're-intellectuals-and|or-serious-and|or-overly-conscious subgenre, you're better off buying some more of them Streets albums, his beats are fantastic and his lyrics are pretty damn great. Okay, Okay, I have a soft spot for the Non-Prophets, Company Flow and Swollen Members.

Saul Williams - Talk to Strangers

I love this track, a great spoken-word recording. Williams does have a tendency to devolve into meaningless drivel, sure, but this, this is just a great|honest series of sentences strung together, a poem, a tale, whatever you call it, it's his best.

I listened to the Atmosphere songs on their MySpace page, and they weren't bad either. *

Saul Williams - Black Stacey

That's some heavy stuff. I like the beat, the flow, and the piano on the upbeats, Jamaica-riddim-style.

* Edit: Except for "Dirty Girl," which sounds like a Kanye retread. And "Don't Ever ******* Question That." That song is very, very bad.

Edited by Darth Drabek

That's Ikey from The Mars Volta on the piano|organ. Williams' one of those guys I love too much to sit down and think critically in my relative subjectivity*, of course, that doesn't mean a thing and I still like the man.

Saul Williams - African Student Movement.

*Obvious Oblivious Bollocks.

Don't listen to what Baley says Drabs! He's just trying to pull you away from Atmosphere.

You are right though, Atmosphere have a few really really awful songs, but overall I like them and enjoy their albums.

As for an album to start with to get a taster maybe, I would definitely suggest Godlovesugly. Album I first listened to and really really enjoyed, some real nice songs on there.

Moonspell - Opium

It's always nice when someone foreign listens to portuguese music. :luck:

@Drabs: The Ink Spots tune is from a best of. The year was 1939. Germany was winning.

Heja Sverige!!

Don't listen to what Baley says Drabs! He's just trying to pull you away from Atmosphere.

That is a lie! I demand an apology, written in virgin blood, Portuguese's good enough, if you can't find a virgin, oh and, uh, uh, cake! I want cake! Written in cake! With blood! And, uh, virginal seed! Uh, yeah, okay, never mind, that was the worst joke in the history of the universe, hell, in the history of God! Have you ever seen the Great Dictator? Yeah, that shlock seems funny when compared to my joke. Because the Great Dictator sucks. Really, what was Chaplin thinking? There's not one funny joke|gag, watching Hitler's groggy speeches on the Discovery Channel seems funnier in retrospect. That said, Mr. Verdoux is a masterpiece.

Scarface - I'm Dead.

The Great Dictator is all kinds of awesome you stupid ninny.

Heja Sverige!!

Gah, you're, like, Portuguese, what do you know? I mean you just praised a guy for listening to Moonspell, that's like denying the Holocaust or, uh, liking Hiroshima Mon Amour for the dialogue. Totally out of this world dude! They're fathered by a planet deemed boredom intersected by a comet called bland. Middle of Vapid country. And this is going nowhere.

Ben Folds - Bitches Ain't [-----] (Dre Cover).

Edited by Baley

Wolfheart and Irreligious are great. The rest of their albums suck, but that's life.

Heja Sverige!!

The only Chaplin I've seen is Modern Times... I thought it was good, especially the assembly line bits.

I also seem to remember him running around a department store at night.. was that from the same film? Also, wasn't that film based on a Ferlinghetti poem or something?

And on topic,

The Lemonheads - Down About It

Edit: Baley, I love that Ben Folds song. My old high school girlfriend sent me that song about a year ago, when we were conversing for the first time since senior year. It may be the most imaginative gansta rap cover out there, right up with Dynamite Hack's "Boyz in the Hood."

Edited by Darth Drabek

They're goths, you, like, don't seem to understand the foulness inherit in their condition, okay, okay, picture this fat piece of, uh, dreg, yeah, all lardy and, uh, foul, okay, he's eating a burrito, sitting on a bench, right in front of you, I don't know why you're in the park, maybe you like wanking publicly, no biggie, we cool, anyway, this fat guy is eating a burrito right in front of you, sauce spilling all over his enormous mantitties, wearing a see through, uh, brazier, yeah, you see where I'm going? You get my point? They're goths. It's like being a child-molester without the pay-off.

Kris Kristofferson - Chase The Feeling.

Edit: Baley, I love that Ben Folds song. My old high school girlfriend sent me that song about a year ago, when we were conversing for the first time since senior year. It may be the most imaginative gansta rap cover out there, right up with Dynamite Hack's "Boyz in the Hood."

It's definitely brilliant. Totally destroys the original, which wasn't all that anyway.

But, but Goth girls done right can be incredibly hot. :'(

I've even seen one or two of these in my life time. Just make sure you don't talk to them. It breaks the magic.

Here's a tip: When listening to most heavier metal, try not to pay attention to the lyrics. Unless you want to make fun of them, of course.

Edit: Matt Monro - From russia With Love

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

Miles Davis - Move

Heja Sverige!!

Miles Davis - Godchild

Heja Sverige!!

Miles Davis - Jeru

Heja Sverige!!