Vampire: Bloodlines.

Darque

The thread needed to be split in two, as the "Werewolf" discussion has become it's own argument that's no longer really apart of this thread anymore.

Please continue the discussion about "unkillable" enemies in the split part of this thread, while keeping other Bloodlines related talk here :thumbsup:

Darque FTW.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I bloodboiled almost all of grouts mansion until I finally had to stop due to blood loss. :lol:

exploding ghouls ftw.  :thumbsup:

LOL I love Bloodboil. Make enemies go boom!

It never gets old. :)

Never. :)

Never.

Too bad the Tremere are the only clans that get it.

I am downtown LA with the Brujah game.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

i only installed this a few days ago.

i'm a male Brujah

i'm still sorta getting the hang of things. i'm always running low on blood coz i can never find anyone isolated to munch on... (and prostitutes cost lots)

currently in downtown. i've done a bit of background reading, and i've noticed that i missed 3 or 4 missions in santa monica (i've been wondering what's in that tattoo parlour. and the prosthetics place....)

so far, i'm having heaps of fun. although i have had a couple of annoying things happen.

i found the flesh eaty vampire chick (with the crazy glowing eyes), and she told me to send the dude down to her. thing is, when i head back up to where he was there's no sign of him.

bug? or do you find him somewhere else?

oh, and the haunted mansion was awesome! :D

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The instructions are spread over the Planet Vampire forums.

I'll see if I can piece it together again... but it's been a while.

Bascially you have to extract one file called "clan.doc" and then edit it in wordpad.

You could change your model to say La Croix and then give your Malk Animalism, Fortitude and Dominate... for example.

I never really "modded" Bloodlines, so to speak, except to replace the music when I could. "The New Khans" became the Santa Monica music and I put some Autechre in for Downtown LA, and they both worked without a hitch (the Autechre fit perfectly with the setting, too. I was proud of myself). However, you'd have to save your game before going anywhere, since a lot of .mp3s cause the club areas to crash, for some reason. Anybody know why that is?

And for posterity I'm going to ask my original Bloodlines question again: Do the "History" options added in the latest community patch change the actual RP elements of the game, or do they merely affect stats?

Just stats. Mostly skills/talents/knowledges.

And atreides, if you want to try out different options without modding the files yourself, you might think about trying the clan mod. It can usually be found with the pnp mod. Basically it attempts to add all of the clans from Masquerade, applying the various in-game disciplines as necessary (As far as I know, no one has figured out how to input new disciplines, so some are just approximations). The pnp mod just makes things closer to the tabletop game, allowing everyone to buy some of the basic physical disciplines among other things.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I'm not sure about any history mods.

But the built in Histories (which you need the console to unlock and use) tend to just affect stats and disciplines... I think.

There's a list of what those do on Gamefaqs and how to turn them on.

The instructions are spread over the Planet Vampire forums.

I'll see if I can piece it together again... but it's been a while.

Bascially you have to extract one file called "clan.doc" and then edit it in wordpad.

You could change your model to say La Croix and then give your Malk Animalism, Fortitude and Dominate... for example.

Thanks, I'll look forward to the results of your research :)

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Ok... I think this is how it would work...

If you wanted to change the main character to someone cool (like.. say.. Damsel :) ) you'd do this:

You'll need a tool called VampED, which you can get here.

Then you'll want to open and extract clandoc.txt from the pack101.vpk (and I think the VampED tool will allow you to pull out this one file)

Once you have the file, you should back it up, and then you can make the changes in notepad and then save them.

Clandoc seems to have all the file paths for the character models as well as the starting discipline info (possibly all info) for character creation.

So you could turn the female Bruja model into Damsel and then give her Thaumaturgy, Fortitude and Presence as disciplines.

NOTE: I haven't tried this yet, so I am NOT 100% sure this will work... back up your files and try at YOUR OWN RISK.

Finally a list of character models can be found here.

Edit: There's a more detailed list of character models on the site, but I can't seem to find it now. It might have been purged.