Want a new CRPG.

tarna

t ha snothing to do with 'paying attention'. That's just your holier than thou attitude spekaing. The bottom line is that Diablo's story did not matter so, in essence, the story didn't exist at all.

No one plays Diablo for the story. No one.

No. It's my "Hey look, there is a story" attitude speaking. I don't see how it's "holier than thou" at all, when all I need to do is watch the intro video and see that there is, indeed, a story. Couldn't I claim that you are being "holier than thou" by stating faliciously that Diablo doesn't have a story?

I'd give you arguments for Tetris and whatnot, but the story is the entire raison d'etre for Diablo.

Even people that want to power through the game and just collect the phat lewt cannot ignore the story outright. In Diablo 2, they're still going to need to save Cain, kill Andariel, enter Tal Rasha's Tomb (but not before acquiring the Horadric Cube and assembling the Horadric Staff), Kill Duriel, Kill Mephisto, Kill Diablo, Defeat the Ancients, and destroy Baal. The fact that people can continue playing in the environment to collect fat lewt doesn't mean that the story doesn't exist.

I know myself, and many other people I played the game with, when first starting to play the game, were curious what happened after Diablo 1's hero did what he did at the end. We all watched the cutscenes, and followed the story closely on our first playthrough.

Edited by alanschu

It was not needed to advance the game.  The game was to kill monsters that swarm you in zerg fashion.  No more and no less.

I'm sorry, but that's just plain false.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Nope, its true.

Nuh uh. :shifty:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Nope, its true.

Nuh uh. :blink:

Uh uh.

It's "Uh huh" and Nuh uh! :shifty:

- Everlast