Crazy Glue

alanschu

I don't know what to suggest. Could you trap the culprit somehow?

I've been considering getting a mini camera attached to my door. They seem to cost only a few bucks.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not sure where I could put it, given I live in an apartment building. With my luck someone would just see it and take it. No windows or anything to my front door, aside from the peephole.

Mount the camera over the peephole. If you can see out the peephole, so can a camera. If there's enough light outside your front door to at least get a grainy picture, that is.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I suppose you could also gain useful info if you could track the weight or other characteristics of people who approached. A pressure mat slips under a carpet easily. Even a simple camera could get their height if there were comparison marks on the opposite wall.

I suppose a live conga eel in the letterbox is out of the question?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If I was to suspect anyone, I'd suspect the people below us, since they are the only people that we could possibly bother in our apartment, since we're on the top floor and the apartment adjacent to us only has a smart part of our walls adjacent, and it's our kitchens.

If you have good reason to suspect the guys below you, here's what you do. :blink:

Take a large new sponge and soak it until it's nice and soft. Now squeeze it into the most compact shape that you can and tie it up with string or twine and allow it to dry in this shape. After a day or so when it has completely dried, cut the string loose. The sponge should retain it's new small form. Now flush it down your toilet. As it moves down the sewer line it will absorb water and begin to expand again. By the time it has swelled up to it's original size, it should be well into your downstairs neighbor's sewer line. Now throw a party at your place and watch all of your party-goer's toilet flushing back up into the neighbor's bathtub. Fun for everyone! :thumbsup: Make sure to serve burritos so the neighbors can enjoy the new scents that you're delivering. Maybe some chili with beans.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

So when did I ever say that I was otherwise? :thumbsup:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I wouldn't risk it. Far safer to flush waterfproof bangers down there.

Wait, I mean dangerous and stupid.

-Elwood Blues

I sense a small proof-of-concept experiment in the near future ... :("

(w00t) Actually, I've done it. I had a jerk living below me years ago and concocted this when I was drunk one night. If you want to test out the time you have before 'inflation', submerge the newly formed sponge-ball in a sink of cold water and count how many seconds you have before it inflates enough to jam itself into the pipe. Most American sewer lines in domestic use are 3-4 inches in diameter. If it swells up too fast, allow it more time to dry and then possibly adjust it's inflation time by spraying it lightly with WD40 or some other light oil to slow it's absorbtion rate. If you want it to inflate sooner, soak it in soapy water before shrinking it and allowing it to dry. It will absorb water faster then ( just in case you live in a high-rise bldg and don't want it delivered to the nice old lady two floors below you :( ).

Ruminations...

I do believe I shall endeavour to never make tarna mad at me... :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm starting to form a picture of Tarna as a domestic terrorist. I can't decide what's more appropriate, a pre-emptive strike, or a job offer.

-Elwood Blues

But then he'll start asking for raises. And I'll say no. And then he'll just pick up a pencil and start rocking it from side to side, while looking at the ceiling. And I'll panic and give him everything.

-Elwood Blues

I'm starting to form a picture of Tarna as a domestic terrorist. I can't decide what's more appropriate, a pre-emptive strike, or a job offer.

:D Job offer would be better. That's the kind of work I would enjoy and it would be safer than a possibly botched pre-emptive strike. You do know that you'd only get one chance don't you? :(

Ruminations...

:ermm:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

:D Job offer would be better. That's the kind of work I would enjoy and it would be safer than a possibly botched pre-emptive strike. You do know that you'd only get one chance don't you? :blink:

You only get one chance on most things. It's what makes life so exhilarascing. I mean exhilaraising. I mean exhila... aw nuts.

-Elwood Blues

Acetone and also water may help. Superglue is an epoxy - with the second component being water from the air, so it doesn't have a true solvent in the same way as some other glues.

I agree that getting a new lock may be the best solution.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.