Beware the Armless Driver!

jaguars4ever

Armless driver 'had foot to floor'

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- An armless man stopped for speeding was driving with one foot on the steering wheel and another on the pedals, a policeman testified in court.

Colin Smith, who was born without arms and has never held a driver's license, appeared in court Thursday charged with driving in a manner likely to be dangerous to the public.

The police officer who stopped Smith said the driver's seat was reclined and the armless man appeared to be using one foot to steer the car and the other to work the accelerator and brake.

Smith, 31, entered no plea but said he would defend himself against the charges.

He told the court he had been driving for years, using his feet to steer, and had never had an accident.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/05/2...r.ap/index.html

:blink:

manthing2.jpg

Its not the armless ones you need to worry about, its the ones with cellphones

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

An armless man at my job crashed his BMW into some white pickup truck a few weeks ago. The guy in the white car didn't make it. And if you don't believe me, I can show you pictures of the accident.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Its not the armless ones you need to worry about, its the ones with cellphones
Actually...

Baddrivinghabits.jpg

That's the censored version, btw. :wacko:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

An armless man at my job crashed his BMW into some white pickup truck a few weeks ago. The guy in the white car didn't make it. And if you don't believe me, I can show you pictures of the accident.

Yes please show us the pictures you kept of a mangled corpse. You're not weird at all are you.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

If one has the seat reclined back enough to steer with one's feet, how does one see out the window?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No mangled corpses. Two mangled cars though. There's a site that keeps track of when the local police and ambulance gets a call, and they published the photos. Not me.

0604283007.jpg

The white car.

0604283009.jpg

My buddy's black BMW.

Gaah! My friend (the armless guy) survived without injury (german cars rock). The guy in the white car died instantly.

Armless driver 'had foot to floor'

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- An armless man stopped for speeding was driving with one foot on the steering wheel and another on the pedals, a policeman testified in court.

Colin Smith, who was born without arms and has never held a driver's license, appeared in court Thursday charged with driving in a manner likely to be dangerous to the public.

The police officer who stopped Smith said the driver's seat was reclined and the armless man appeared to be using one foot to steer the car and the other to work the accelerator and brake.

Smith, 31, entered no plea but said he would defend himself against the charges.

He told the court he had been driving for years, using his feet to steer, and had never had an accident.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/05/2...r.ap/index.html

:lol:

The only thing wrong is that the guy's a yokel. Really, lots of disabled drivers manage to control a motor vehicle.

This guy didn't bother to get a licence: that's what's wrong. Consequently, anyone he accidentally ran over / into / hurt / damaged their property / etc has no legal recourse (because I bet he isn't independently wealthy and able to re-inburse any such person for their loss).

(An aquaintence of mine from an old workplace was a paraplegic, and he drove himself to work everyday.)

This guy is a stupid ****, giving differently-abled people a bad name.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT