DVD vs CD

To each there own then.  Be technologically backwards.  In my experience DVDs are just as durable as CDs.  No more and no less.  If you actually take care of your discs they should last a fairly long time.

Oh, poor baby, deal with the fact not everyone is going to agree with you >_<

It has nothing to about you agreeing or disgreeing with me. It has to do with the fact that you are wrong. DVDs are no more fragile than CDs. They are made of the same basic materials and have the same basic function. The only major difference is that a DVD can hold more data.

I don't see how a DVD could be more or less fragile than a CD.

To each there own then.  Be technologically backwards.  In my experience DVDs are just as durable as CDs.  No more and no less.  If you actually take care of your discs they should last a fairly long time.

I don't see why this is even a question... DVD, more space, more uses, more everything.

Behave Hades, or we'll throw our piles of cds at you.... and we'll laugh at your dozen of DVdS. ha!

Besdies, why is this so personal for you? Is my CD game collection hurting YOu that much?

You remind me of the Europeans who just had to 'educate' the Natives about 'real' civilization.

LOLLERS :D

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bhave Hades, or we'll throw ar epile sof cds at youl.... and we'll lave at your dozen of DVdS. ha!

Besdies, why is this so personal for you? Is my CD game collection hurting YOu that much?

You remind me of the Europeans who just had to 'educate' the Natives about 'real' civilization.

LOLLERS :D

Yes. You support a dead system.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It's not dead until it's stop being used. It's still be using so it is not dead.

Game over.

Do you know the defintion of dead? <_<

Darque/Volourn...

Why would you want to take care of six disc instead of just one?

Why would you want to have to keep changing CDs while installing a game rather then just popping in one DVD?

Why would you want to spend hours backing up stuff on tons of CDs rather then a couple of DVDs?

Darque/Volourn...

Why would you want to have to keep changing CDs while installing a game rather then just popping in one DVD?

Why would you want to spend hours backing up stuff on tons of CDs rather then a couple of DVDs?

I've already explained this :thumbsup:

And for the record, most of the things I'd "need" to back up can fit on a floppy.

"Anything you or Hades say. It's like watching Beavis and Butthead."

Yet... you are one of the constant repliers to our 'dead' posts. Logic please. :thumbsup:"

"Why would you want to take care of six disc instead of just one?"

Not much a diff for me. They all come in one case anyways so eaisly stored.

"Why would you want to have to keep changing CDs while installing a game rather then just popping in one DVD?"

I haven;t had to constantly change CDs for an individual game for years whiel playing. Once it's installed; it's installed and only need the play disk.

"Why would you want to spend hours backing up stuff on tons of CDs rather then a couple of DVDs?"

I don't back up games. I find no need to.

Edited by Volourn

Darque/Volourn...

I've already explained this :thumbsup:

And for the record, most of the things I'd "need" to back up can fit on a floppy.

I bet you have millions of lfoppy disks laying around for those back up when a perfectly good DVD-RW can do it all in one shot.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I bet you have millions of lfoppy disks laying around for those back up when a perfectly good DVD-RW can do it all in one shot.

Not really, I just use a good ol' dependable CD.

One other thing... your statement doesn't make sense.

Edited by Darque