6 new Mass Effect screenshots

I'm talking about the horrid lack of antialiasing. The same reason I'm not buying GRAW.

I guess it's really bad on a SDTV, cause in HD, nearly every 360 game is incredibly clear. Same will be said about the PS3.

Wouldn't teh jaggies even more pronounced on a crystal-clear HDTV? Perhaps the increase in resolution makes up for it. I have no clue, I only have an SD. :rolleyes:

If you want to read some more previews of ME go to the BIO main page for links. There's a handful of 'em. Most cover basically the same stuff; but each one is possibly sprinkling with the author's views. Here's one freebee:

http://xbox360.gamedaily.com/news/?id=10572

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I hope Capcom goes 360-exclusive :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You want war? You'll get war!

I hope you get smelly feet. :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I just think that's it's all too early to start judging anything else than eye candy. Both Bio and FASA might yet come out with solid titles. I just find Shadowrun much more appealing, since it's at least different. You could stick everyhting so far shown of Mass Effect to Halo 2 or that horrible Advent Rising and no one would notice a thing. It's just so damned bland, no amount of cool concept art can change that.

kirottu said:

Another preview in a flimsy attempt to get this back on topic:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/massef...tml?sid=6150171

"It's just so damned bland, no amount of cool concept art can change that."

Agreed... which si why there are previews that actually discuss the game(s) and what they're about and what their respective goals are...

Edited by Volourn

I just think that's it's all too early to start judging anything else than eye candy. Both Bio and FASA might yet come out with solid titles. I just find Shadowrun much more appealing, since it's at least different. You could stick everyhting so far shown of Mass Effect to Halo 2 or that horrible Advent Rising and no one would notice a thing. It's just so damned bland, no amount of cool concept art can change that.

RPG > FPS nonsense :p

And as for this topic, I want this game :)

But only if you can actually make a character... the ones they've shown so far are ooogly.

I'm always eager for good squad combat and decent humour, Vol. I won't miss this title if it's of decent length. :p

kirottu said:

The Xbox 360 is as interesting as watching paint dry. BioWare continues to slide further downhill as they perpetually struggle to remain Microsoft's lapdog. Two Xbox exclusives and not a PC game in sight. Way to remember the people who made you successful in the first place guys! Hopefully we can get the wilted, moldy table scraps two years later like with Jade Empire since that's all PC gamers are worthy of these days, amirite?

The evil honey badger in me hopes both things fail miserably, plus the game never has looked all that interesting in the first place.

I'm just bitter because it's a crappy fps game and not an RPG.... the way it's meant to be :p

I haven't followed it, but is there no chance that it turns into a good FPS like Deus Ex or System Shock 2?

None, M$ chewed up the franchise, pooped it back out and are trying to make another Halo-clone. :)

Consoles are where the money is, you just can't change that, SL. And at least we'll get Dragon Age eventually.

Allan:All we've got so far are rumours and hype, but I don't think it's going to reach excellence of Deus Ex as a hybrid rpg-fps.

kirottu said:

"Two Xbox exclusives and not a PC game in sight."

Dragon Age.

" Way to remember the people who made you successful in the first place guys!"

They are. The people who made them successful are Bioware employees. They owe us nothing. We didn't make them successful. Them making games people wnat to play is what made them successful. And, oh, JE is coming to PC because BIo does remember their PC customers. Period.

Consoles are where the money is, you just can't change that, SL. And at least we'll get Dragon Age eventually.

Allan:All we've got so far are rumours and hype, but I don't think it's going to reach excellence of Deus Ex as a hybrid rpg-fps.

I'm sorry, but that's bull****. Consoles != automatic success, especially any of the consoles that don't have Playstation in the title. As far as I know, Jade Empire for example was BioWare's lowest selling game to date(post Baldur's Gate)?

For wildly successful console titles, there are almost an equal number of PC one's to match them. The difference is a crappy console game can garner at least a small number of sales, just from rental chains and the like, where it would likely fail miserably on the PC. I don't think BioWare is aiming to make a crappy game with Mass Effect though.

The number of Xbox 360's in homes is miniscule to the number of gaming ready PCs around.

All of that aside though, it's still better to at least release a game for the PC and a console, if you're really trying to reach the broadest audience. Look at Oblivion.

Porting JE even though they said(read between the lines) that it would be an Xbox-exclusive doesn't exactly sound like forgetting PC gamers. Not to mention the port will hardly have any market since all the fanboiis already bought the original for Xbox. Then again, Biowarians might have waited this long just to cash in again once the moneyflow from Xbox JE has twindled to nothing. So the versions don't compete with each other.

kirottu said:

"As far as I know, Jade Empire for example was BioWare's lowest selling game to date(post Baldur's Gate)?"

Yeah, of course it was competing with brand names (KOTOR and NWN) as well as a multi platform title in KOTOR. Not to emntion, the 1 billion versions of NWN out there as well and all the rereleases.

Not a very comaprision.

Yet, it has still sold 600k+ copies (and, that was good 6+ months ago so that number has likely increased and at leats in my area the price is still decent)..

Plus, there's the simple fact that JE is 1 million times better than KOTOR.

R00fles!

ME will hopefully be better than both.

Edited by Volourn

I predict that in 2 years there will be 10 million 360s and those with PCs will buy it too, since they will either:

a)swallow the marketing bull****

b)multiplatformers are marketed for consoles foremost

c)get annoyed by the constant need for upgrading

d)find 360 games appealing

Edit: Arggh

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

You guys have your fight, I'm not really up for it.

I'm also a PC gamer first, so I'm treading on dangerous ground here. :D

kirottu said: