Hordes of the Underdark MP

alanschu

I've seen much more "OMG WTF it doesn't work" threads on Bioware than success threads.

I mean, there was obviously enough backlash on the forums for Bioware to release an official statement, and Georg Zoeller probably broke his keyboard hitting CTRL-V and linking it to virtually every thread.

I'd wager you were one of the lucky ones Volourn, rather than I being one of the unlucky ones. 20 page threads about people explaining how they found various work arounds along the game don't typically come around if it isn't a very common problems. And I'd be surprised if they were stickied. Neither do official statements from the company explaining why the MP doesn't work (for some people anyways).

One question though, how did you work with the Relic of the Reaper and whatnot?

Edited by alanschu

"One question though, how did you work with the Relic of the Reaper and whatnot?"

Starting chapter 3 was the only tricky part for us. After loading up ch3, the second player had to rejoin the game since they wouldn't come at the normal transition. Other than that, no problems.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How can something be broken when it wasn't designed to have it inthe first place?

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

HoTU was designed to be a single player game. It was designed for the single player and not for multiplayer. Multiplayer in HoTU is not broken because it was never intended to be used in such a manner.

That aside go to NWVault. THere are modifications to HoTU that makes it MP friendly, but HoTU is not MP broken because the MP factor was not even considered to be part of the expansion's OC.

I already clarified. It's broken because it doesn't work, and trying to play it has issues. But I already said that I don't blame Bioware (or anyone). Trying to play it in MP has problems, and I'm now curious to finding out how other people have been able to play it.

Especially without tweaking it.

Like I said, no tweaking needed. Ther's two of thoughts:

a) Give all players their Reaper thingamigjig.

or

b) The way we did it by just having the 2nd player rejoin after the new chapter starts (for us we only needed this method for the last chapter); but others seemed to have to do it after each chapter for whatever reason.

It's broken because it doesn't work, and trying to play it has issues.

Not too long ago that would have been "bad design" or "a design decision". *Broken* falls under *bugs*... :wub:"

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

On the 'broken' or 'not broken' thing, I'm with Alanshu there. It's not broken. No more broken then the fact that you cna't play either KOTOR game MP. It's not to menat to. It's a simple deisgn decision. You can disagree with it; but it's not broken.

The fact that one can find a way to play it MP doesn't change this fact. :wub:

I'm with Alanshu there.

No you aren't.

That is what the rest of your post tells me ateast.

Alanschu is the one who thinks the MP is "broken" then how can you agree with him if you say it ain't broke :)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee