Whats on your Ipod/Mp3 player of choice?

Daaave

oh, and the fact that it's optimized for the mac is a big bonus.

:blink: Weirdo. :-"

I ended up not getting the iPod and instead went for my iRiver because of the price difference. $300 for a 4GB Nano, or $200 (employee discount!) for a 6GB iRiver H10. Very few complaints in the year that I've had it, except I can't see anything on the screen when outside because of my glasses, but that's not the fault of the player really.

I think Ipod is one of the worst Mp3 players out there, its all brand name and hype. You can get a 20gig player for half the price that you can just plug into your comp and use explorer or whatever to transer files, none of that Itunes crap.

It is possible to install linux onto the iPod and not use iTunes ... :blink:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think Ipod is one of the worst Mp3 players out there, its all brand name and hype. You can get a 20gig player for half the price that you can just plug into your comp and use explorer or whatever to transer files, none of that Itunes crap.

It is possible to install linux onto the iPod and not use iTunes ... :blink:"

I know, but just the fact that i use macs at school and work make it the mp3player for me.

I used to be negative about IPods like you are... until I've got one :blink:

I used to be negative about IPods like you are... until I've got one :)

Exactly. They just are the best, maybe not the cheapest but hey, poor people suck anyway.

I used to be negative about IPods like you are... until I've got one :)

Exactly. They just are the best, maybe not the cheapest but hey, poor people suck anyway.

Hey! :angry:

What made Ipod so big is the fact that they poured millions, and millions and even MORE millions into advertising, in order to create the idea in the mind of the public that they are the original and best. Did Creative pay big $$$ to have Letterman and Leno push their products on their shows? Nope, and thats why theyre behind.

The other and cheaper brands has the same sound quality, they hold as much songs, theyre even easier to use(due to lack of Itunes) and they only cost half as much.

But if you want to pay 200% of what it should cost just to be able to say that youve got an Ipod, you have the right to do that. Youre still an idiot, but you have the right. :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

What made Ipod so big is the fact that they poured millions, and millions and even MORE millions into advertising, in order to create the idea in the mind of the public that they are the original and best. Did Creative pay big $$$ to have Letterman and Leno push their products on their shows? Nope, and thats why theyre behind.

The other and cheaper brands has the same sound quality, they hold as much songs, theyre even easier to use(due to lack of Itunes) and they only cost half as much.

But if you want to pay 200% of what it should cost just to be able to say that youve got an Ipod, you have the right to do that. Youre still an idiot, but you have the right. :)

You are wrong. Apple poured millions to advertising yes, as they poured millions to design and programming. I've had an iriver, and it doesnt even compare to the ipod. Tell me, have you ever even owned one? My sisters Creative sucks, the touchpad on those is far too sensitive and the interface is clumsy. And, you can use an ipod without itunes. you personally dont like ipods, fine. but you cant really argue that it's not a top notch mp3player.

You are wrong. Apple poured millions to advertising yes, as they poured millions to design and programming. I've had an iriver, and it doesnt even compare to the ipod. Tell me, have you ever even owned one? My sisters Creative sucks, the touchpad on those is far too sensitive and the interface is clumsy. And, you can use an ipod without itunes. you personally dont like ipods, fine. but you cant really argue that it's not a top notch mp3player.

It is definately a top notch mp3 player, but it is doesn't have a huge lead over the competition that it once had.

Can't say that I've ever owned an iPod as they are a touch too expensive for me to justify spending that kind of money on an mp3 player. Did get to spend a week with one a couple months back after a friend accidentally left his at my place before he went on a trip to Turkey. :)" I like the touch wheel and I think it works really well. It's way up there on the ease of use list. Which iRiver did you own anyway?

Haven't spent much time with the creative. Took a look at them before I made my purchase. Seemed to have pretty darn good sound quality and I agree that the touchpad is a little too sensitive, but not that much and I didn't have any problems with the interface.

I do agree with Kaftan though on the reason why iPods have been so successful. Apple created an image with their product and spent millions to get this image ingrained into the public. In the beginning their success was no doubt due to the design of the iPod itself, but now a lot of it is image.

I have a Creative Zen Touch and my friends have Ipods of the same vintage. The only differance between them is that I paid 2000 for mine and they 4000+ for theirs :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sandisk m230

+50 bucks

+512 MB

+USB 2.0

+fits in pockets without leaving unsightly bulge

+muggers will attack me based on my white earbuds, but will be pissed when they find out it's not an iPod

-holds only a fraction of my music, but I don't need to carry every album I own around with me all the time. 512 is plenty for mobile. The rest can be backed up on the hard drive or DVD-Rs at home.

:-

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Currently :

Sergey Kuryokhin - The Ways of Freedom

Dmitri Shostakovich - Symphony No 5

Igor Stravinsky - Petrushka

Igor Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring

Lovage - Music To Make Love To Your Old Lady By

Miles Davis - Nefertiti

Nomeansno - Dance of the Headless Bourgeoisie

Turbonegro - Ass Cobra

16 Horsepower - Hoarse

But if you want to pay 200% of what it should cost just to be able to say that youve got an Ipod, you have the right to do that. Youre still an idiot, but you have the right. :devil:

How do you use an ipod without itunes?

But if you want to pay 200% of what it should cost just to be able to say that youve got an Ipod, you have the right to do that. Youre still an idiot, but you have the right. :blink:

How do you use an ipod without itunes?

the new version of winamp has an ipod plugin included. in the previous versions, you had to download it yourself. as meta said, you can install linux to it and get rid of itunes that way. use google, i bet there are hundreds of ways to make it work without itunes.