Are you lucky?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you lucky?

• Yes
    • No
    • I make my own luck
    • I am not superstitious

As Luck Would Have It

Are some people really luckier than others, or is it all in their heads? Both By MICHAEL SHERMER

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a neuromuscular disease that attacks motor neurons until muscle weakness, attrophy and paralysis lead inexorably to death. Victims of the monstrous malady could be forgiven for feeling unlucky.

How, then, can we explain the attitude of the disease's namesake, baseball great Lou Gehrig? He told a sellout crowd at Yankee Stadium: "For the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this Earth." The Iron Horse then recounted his many blessings and fortunes, a list twice punctuated with "I'm lucky" and "That's something."

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Nope... no luck to be found here.

Unless you call *bad luck* luck too o:)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's all about volition, imagine a gigantic web, all tangled, progressing, evolving, constantly, everywhere, intertwining, living matter, conscious creatures, a choice, everyone has a choice, everyone makes a choice, these choices affect the rest of us, bad luck is the other guy metaphorically kicking you in the balls, bad luck is you kicking yourself in the balls, luck is choice, luck is action. We choose to cross that old time highway, we choose to eat that extra Big Mac, and, well, sometimes things are chosen for us, that's how things are. Just about everything's a matter of choice these days.

Awww. ^_^

On Topic: Hell no. I'm the kinda guy who's the embodiement of Murphy's law. :huh:

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I had long, thoughtful post about this very subject a long time ago. Alas, the interplay fora are gone and I don't feel like a rant right now. ...And there was much rejoicing. I guess you guys are just plain lucky today.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

What's good luck one day can turn out to be bad luck the next, look towards STDs as a clear example of such an occurance.

I would say that I have been extremely fortunate in my life, but I don't like to tempt fate. :lol:"

*Note these two statements have little or nothing to do with each other*

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I went with i don't believe in superstition. I thought about it and I don't think there is a such thing as luck, just cause and effect. :lol:

EDIT: Maybe its just about looking at the glass half full or half empty. :)

EDIT: EDIT maybe i should have voted for making my own luck then! :D

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I went with i don't believe in superstition.  I thought about it and I don't think there is a such thing as luck, just cause and effect.  :lol:

EDIT: Maybe its just about looking at the glass half full or half empty.  :)

EDIT: EDIT maybe i should have voted for making my own luck then!  :D

When you make up your mind, if it is different to the vote cast, let me know and I can change it for you. :) (That's lucky!)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So Jungian synchronicity is a hoax? :lol:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,

Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hamlet, Act I, Scene V (188-9)

What like winning the lottery twice in a row? :)

I guess luck isn't even a part of superstition, because the subject has the potential to win 2 lottery's in a row(as long as he buys a ticket for each one). Winning it twice would go against the odds heavily, but it is possible. Just like this world being here with us on it, talking on a forum in the middle of a void. Unlikley by chance to be at this moment but chanes are, it had to happen sometimes, right? ****, I am lucky, i won the galactic lottery! Praise happy bunny jesus! (w00t)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig