Been working on my Dyson Sphere campaign...

Since its artificial why would there need to be lava? If the the creator has put it there for whatever reason then fine but I'm thinking the dyson/solar/eco-system in its simplest form wouldnt need it.

Its needed for mineral recycling and well, they wanted it to be as earth-like as possible.

For the most part I am using the classes from the Arcana Evolved line products with some minor tweaking. I am also using a few heavily modified 3.5e classes. The major change is that I am using a spell point pool for spell casters. This is a gauge on how much mana or nanites in their system that they can use to create spell effects. As they grow in knowledge nd power their nanites grow with them and can use their abilities more efficiently, thus being able to use higher level spells.

thanks to the teeth of time.

Good metaphor!

Then there could be all kinds of guilds based on the fact that magic in concetrated on the points where from the raw nanites burst to surface and atmosphere. Some would want to control that flow, others would use it and worship the sphere as a power giver/earth mother, some would live next to the flows and slowly become mutated by the constant pounding of energies, etc. You could have factions who mine tech from the cracks and precipices and others who try to ban "magic" and repair the sphere.

But whatever, it's your game. I would have fromed th classes and races around a central theme though.

Nice.

I wonder what sort of fauna there is ... but I suppose it would be just earth-like.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT