Strategy Guides.

really it depends on what I'm playing. If it's an RTS I'm gonna try to find somthing akin to a strat guide because "Go to the little italy shaped piece of land that juts to the north 2/3's of the way to the left of the map" really ain't that informative... I'd prefer to have a map for that section in front of me. there have been a few other games that I've picked up the strat guide for... One of em was Xmen Legends 1 if only because I wanted to get all the disks and everything.

Fighting games I simply ask "Why!?!" because all it is is a thwack fest. Meanwhile FPS games it depends on which game. Quake? no Half Life? maybe. Deus Ex? Oh sweet jesus yes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm the same, more or less. I usually look out for art books instead, but I've still got my Nintendo Power guide to Final Fantasy and Zelda: Link to the Past. If I need some info while I'm playing I go to GameFAQs.

I found the Baldur's Gate strategy guides helpful to me when I was making mods for the game. It would list an item and the item's file name if I wanted to look it up. It listed other file names that were helpful as well.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Never been interested enough to buy one. If I want to replay a game and find all the secrets, then I have no problem looking at a walk-through.

I wouldn't rule out buying one, though, I've just never been in a position to want to. :o

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've bought two strategy guides in my life: Kingdom Hearts for my girlfriend and World of Warcraft for my girlfriend's little brother.

I don't know about the World of Warcraft one, but the Kingdom Hearts strategy guide was a success. It comes with a map with things you can find and several pages full of stickers. Everytime you find one of the things in the map, you can place a sticker on its position on the map to see which ones you've already taken. My girlfriend loved that, and she's been obsessing about it for months. She is currently level 78-80 or so but refuses to finish the game because she doesn't want it to end. Ever :ermm:

I'll buy her Kingdom Hearts 2 as soon as it is released here.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Trying to find the VtM Bloodlines guide was hard. Not many stores had it that I went to.

Wherewolf? :blink:"

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I used to like buying them to get some of the info tidbits you didn't find on your own playing, and/or some of the little interviews they sometimes had, or just because they used to sometimes be written with a lot of humor and in-depth, semi-personalized level write-ups that made them a fun read.

Unlike now.

I haven't bought one in ages...you can get all the spoilers you want on the internet these days for free, and most 'official' guides aren't worth the paper they're printed on anymore.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts