AI vs Genetics

Atreides

Who'd rule in 3000  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd rule in 3000

• Computers
    • Superior genetic entities
    • Pikachu!

The human brain is faster than any computer processor currently out there and does far more calculations as well. If we could get to the point where we could enhance our memory, where we could read every book in existence and recite it back word for word would be beneficial to us. Even learning about physics, mathematics and so on and applying them to create a better world to live in also has its merits. In order to do this they need to create a computer chip that that is faster than the human mind and has the ability to call up information that we would typically forget.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The human brain is faster than any computer processor currently out there and does far more calculations as well. If we could get to the point where we could enhance our memory, where we could read every book in existence and recite it back word for word would be beneficial to us. Even learning about physics, mathematics and so on and applying them to create a better world to live in also has its merits. In order to do this they need to create a computer chip that that is faster than the human mind and has the ability to call up information that we would typically forget.is

The human brain does not make calculations like a computer does. Its superiority lies in something far greater.

Mathematics are a product of the human brain. A human brain imagined it and human brain made it possible. A computer's calculating power is but a pale copy of what the current human brain can do.

One other advantage human brains have over computers is that neurons are highly parallel in that a huge number of them can be active at the same time, producing very complicated behavior due to the number of connections they have. OTOH, we're only starting to enter the age of parallelizable computers - up till now it's an instruction at a time execution, which cannot be compared to millions of neurons activating in synchrony.

There are doors

I agree with you in many ways but at the moment humans are much more sophisticated than computers in that respect so I'd go with "computers being a copy of us" rather than vice-versa in that respect.

I agree with you completely :)

And in many ways, cars, cameras, industrial robots and many other machines are copies of some part or concept from the human body.

It's almost like we reproduce mechanically as well as biologically... :geek:

I've been thinking about it and it seems to me while humans and computers can absorb sensory data, process it and come to a decision fairly routinely, we have the ability to create solutions or new stuff. I'm not sure whether computers have anywhere near that capability at the moment.

Spreading beauty with my katana.