Oblivion:Equipment.

Aside from the very first part (the priory) I didnt really start the plot until level 12.

Store bought steel plate was about the best I could find. Then I did a couple of the plot quests and now it's raining magic and elven/mithril items like no tommorow.

I found a cave just outside of town and everyone in it had some sort of mithril or elven item.

What I am wondering , is this. Is the equipment based on your level , or is it based on how far through the plot you are?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It's probably based on level. I'm pretty far in the plot, but it's only since I've been lvl 10+ (and not following the storyline at this time) that I've been seeing Dwarven/Elven equipment everywhere.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It's levelbased which makes for some funny moments when you get brigands jumping you and demanding a whole whopping 100 GP when they themselves are already decked out in equipment worth a minimum 5K. You'd think that they would be pretty well set by then, removing the need to waylay travelers. :(

If the plot quests are too tough just lower the difficulty and crank it back up after you are done with it. You won't get penalized for it.

I couldnt do that :(

Eye of fear has really helped.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If the plot quests are too tough just lower the difficulty and crank it back up after you are done with it. You won't get penalized for it.

I couldnt do that :)

Eye of fear has really helped.

Eye of fear is awesome..much loved by my khajit monk. I doubt I'll have much of a problem with equipment as I'm a minimalist. Bare fists of Furry and light robes (bow and arrow when needed) are all I need :huh:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Eye of fear is awesome..much loved by my khajit monk. I doubt I'll have much of a problem with equipment as I'm a minimalist. Bare fists of Furry and light robes (bow and arrow when needed) are all I need ;)

Yep although I dont overuse it like perhaps I should.

478327[/snapback]