UFC 58 Fighters

ernieboy

It will be a cool fight and I can't wait to see my favorite fighter as they unleashed their greatest skills this Saturday. Rich Franklin will surely beat David Loiseau haha..

GSP and BJ Penn is also an exciting fight, who do you think will win between the two? FIGHT CARD

:ph34r: (w00t)

Don't you ever feel like the UFC is the farm league while the PRIDE FC is the big boys game? I'd much rather see Fedor Emelianenko take on Mirko Crocop.. or Nogueira against Kharitonov.. Or even Mark Hunt against Alexander Emelianenko.

And isn't Arlovski the only heavyweight in the UFC with at least an ounce of skill..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Don't you ever feel like the UFC is the farm league while the PRIDE FC is the big boys game? I'd much rather see Fedor Emelianenko take on Mirko Crocop.. or Nogueira against Kharitonov.. Or even Mark Hunt against Alexander Emelianenko.

And isn't Arlovski the only heavyweight in the UFC with at least an ounce of skill..?

Actually MK, I think exactly the opposite!

Cant stand Pride and it seems to be where all the washed up fighters and K1 kickboxers go after their main career in UFC/K1 is over!

As for UFC 58, I cant wait!

GSP is the man! Penn is so freaking arrogent in his interveiws I hope GSP wipes the floor with him.

Far as Franklin and Loiseau go, I like them both but have to give the edge to Loiseau. His elbows and kicks really are that dangerous!

Franklin could still win as he has great stand up (both do, its pretty even) but will have to connect with a lucky shot to finish Loiseau. If it goes to the ground, Franklin in huge trouble!

Just saw Kenny Flourian was removed from card, to bad! Was looking forward to seeing him get beat up again! hehe love watching Flourian and Nick Diaz get beat up! Both are annoying to watch and listen to!

All in all, I think canada will come out ahead when all is said and done in this card!

heh, have the dvd recorder already set up and waiting :ermm:

Edited by Kalfear

I had a bad experience with UFC which comepletely turned me off of it. It was all hyped up to be this awesome brutal fighting, then it was on TSN one time and I tuned in and it was two grown men hugging on the ground for 3 minutes before I got bored and turned it off. WWE might be fake, but at least its entertaining.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://www.sherdog.com

Check out what the MMA veterans think about UFC/Pride.. Just remember that it's in Pride that the big bucks are and that reflects in the quality of the fighters.

I wish I could get as worked up about UFC as I can about Pride, because Pride only has like.. four GP tournaments per year and that's not really enough to satisfy my bloodlust (erm). But it's like trying to watch women's hockey after watching men's hockey in the Olympics.

Edit: Link didn't work.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

LOL Just know what I like!

Pride might pay more but other then Wanderla Silva (sp?) And Remi Bonjasky im unimpressed with Pride fighters.

All I can say to back up what I said is it s eems to me when main event UFC fighters (like Liddel) goto Pride they win. When the Pride fighters come to UFC they lose. That really tells me the tale of the tape!

AND WOOT! GSP beat that freaking arrogent Penn! Thank god!

And what a surprise, Penn blamed the judges for his lost ROFL!

Franklin did a number on Loiseau, thats for sure!

Opps:

PS MK :-

Far as money goes, that also might be changing soon (or at least evening up some). What with the UFC moving to larger venues like the "Arrowhead Pond" (17.5 k seating rather then the considerably less seating at Mandalay Bay) selling out for the March PPV.

Then in April they trying for anouther larger venue in LA (20k + seating) and you add in the coverage they getting from their hit tv show "The Ultimate Fighter" that allows normal folks to grow attatched to fighters (made a star of Forest Griffen and a villian of Chris Leben as two examples).

Plus the Fight Nights 4 times a year on Spike TV (and the weekly "Unleashed" show) and the coverage they get in Canada from the "Fight Network".

Things look positive for the UFC right now and that will mean they will be able to bring in even more talent, grow new talent, and increase purse sizes.

Give it a year and id bet those MMA fighters in Japan (least the american ones) will start thinking UFC a more feasible and reasonable alternative to Pride.

LOL, hardest working General Manager (IMO) in sports today has to be Dana White! Hes really turning UFC around and growing it to a whole new audeince quickly and successfully!