Clearing things up...

Guest The Architect

Now that you mention that, why did Moustache Jedi (cannot remember the name) didn't train Mira in the ways of the Jedi then?

And why does Disciple start as a Soldier if he has been a Padawan at the Academy?  :ermm:

Zez-Kai Ell is a jedi master of the order, and they don't train adults. Besides, what life would he offer her with the Exchange having a bounty out on any jedi and the Sith hunting them at the same time?

Disciple was a padawan, but he left the order, when the Exile went off for the Mandalorian Wars, which meant that he had lost his mentor. He might have found another master, but it seems that he didn't want to for some reason. Perhaps the Exile's ability at creating powerful force bonds was at work even this early... Whatever the reason, the Disciple left and joined the republic fleet instead. Maybe he wanted to fight the Mandalorians like his master, and not even being a padawan, this was the only way.

Or, like from what I assumed with my very little knowledge of his thoughts (from Kreia's lesson), he just dislikes the Jedi now, and is bitter towards them.

Zez-Kai-Ell is no longer a Master of the Order. He 'realized their flaw', so I guess he could be considered a 'true Jedi' (one that doesn't think of himself as perfect and flawless and the living embodiment of the Force).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Or, like from what I assumed with my very little knowledge of his thoughts (from Kreia's lesson), he just dislikes the Jedi now, and is bitter towards them.

Zez-Kai-Ell is no longer a Master of the Order. He 'realized their flaw', so I guess he could be considered a 'true Jedi' (one that doesn't think of himself as perfect and flawless and the living embodiment of the Force).

True. I really like Zez-Kai Ell. More so than Kavar. It's too bad they just made him "forget" his take on the matter and just had him join up to be murdered on Dantooine...

I like Vash, too, though. She also seemed to be more insightful and prepared to not just blame everybody else: "We take responsibility, Atris, not cast blame." I would have paid real money to see some of the discussions Vash and Zez-Kai Ell had with Vrook... :ermm:"

Guest The Architect

Thanks for the info Jediphile. Well since there is no in-game proof in K2 to suggest that Carth is either alive or dead then he could appear in K3. Hopefully, OE makes K3 and if they do, I'm sure that there creative writers could come up with a reason why Carth would be alive in K3 even if Revan is set as DS. It looks like Bastila will be in K3 no matter what too and I think Hanharr should be dead if the Exile is set as LS and Mira should be dead if the Exile is set as DS.

The only time Bastila shows up in the flesh or in the message from T3 is if Revan is male. If Revan is set to lightside and female the only place you see Bastila is in the Force vision in the tomb on Korriban. If you set Revan as DS regardless of gender you see her in the holocron on Korriban.

Carth is only dead if Revan is set DS and female because you are forced to kill him on the Star Forge after defeating Malak. As for why he's not an admiral if Revan is DSM- would you promote someone who could have prevented the return of the Dark Lord?

As for why the Jedi didn't train Mira and Bao-Dur? I got the impression that Bao-Dur knew he was Force sensitive and that he would only except training from the Exile. Zez-Kai-Ell didn't train Mira because he wasn't a Jedi anymore, he said so himself. He gave up the responsibility the day the Exile was, well, exiled.

And Disciple's base class is soldier because he is one. He works for the Republic and I got the impression he had for some time.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Guest The Architect

If you set Revan as DS in K2, people are only assuming that Carth is dead, but there is no in-game proof to suggest that he is dead but there's also no in-game proof to suggest if he's alive too.

If Revan is DSF he is dead. You stick your lightsaber in him or you can have Bastila do it for you. That is actually in game in K1.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Guest The Architect
If Revan is DSF he is dead. You stick your lightsaber in him or you can have Bastila do it for you. That is actually in game in K1.

Yeah but you could kill Bastila in K1 on the Star Forge as a LSM but she still appears in K2 even if you set Revan as a LSM. Because some assumptions are made and OE assumed that a LSM Revan would spare Bastila because Revan's being LSM and it wouldn't make sense for him to kill Bastila being a lightsider and all.

Besides, Carth can still live even if Revan is a DS Female, he only shows up on the Star Forge if you choose to do the romance sidequest with him otherwise he doesn't show up on the Star Forge and he lives. Besides, even if you set Revan to a DS Female in K2, no one actually says that Carth is dead.

It's true that you can only kill Carth if you sucessfully romanced him, however, in K2 if you say Revan was DS female the message you get from T3 has Carth dressed in his orange flight jacket and was recorded before the decision on the Temple not after it. Carth is dead with a DSF Revan.

Which makes me want to cry... I love Carth. :'(

Guest The Architect
It's true that you can only kill Carth if you sucessfully romanced him, however, in K2 if you say Revan was DS female the message you get from T3 has Carth dressed in his orange flight jacket and was recorded before the decision on the Temple not after it. Carth is dead with a DSF Revan.

Which makes me want to cry... I love Carth.  :'(

What proof do you have that suggests Carth is dead? I know there is no proof that he is alive but no one in K2 ever says that he died or anything like that and yes I know that he CAN be killed on the Star Forge by a DSF Revan but what makes you think Obsidian chose that scenario? They may have chosen the other scenario where he doesn't show up on the Star Forge. The truth is if Revan is set as DS, the fate of Carth remains unknown.

Edited by The Architect

With so many possible outcomes, Obsidian just did the smart thing - they avoided the issue(s) where they could. They couldn't with Bastila, and so she is declared alive, but they try hard not to say one way or the other for the rest of the characters, so that the outcome for the individual player is not "proven wrong" for whatever reason... which is something that tends to rub people the wrong way.

Smart of them. Don't make people angry. If there is doubt, don't use the character at all. I think that's a reason why we won't see Atris at all in K3, sadly.

Guest The Architect
With so many possible outcomes, Obsidian just did the smart thing - they avoided the issue(s) where they could. They couldn't with Bastila, and so she is declared alive, but they try hard not to say one way or the other for the rest of the characters, so that the outcome for the individual player is not "proven wrong" for whatever reason... which is something that tends to rub people the wrong way.

Smart of them. Don't make people angry. If there is doubt, don't use the character at all. I think that's a reason why we won't see Atris at all in K3, sadly.

Spot on Jediphile.