Does anyone recognize this IWD pic?

ramza

Even though I have played both IWD and its expansion (not TotL however), I don't remember being in a place like the one depicted in that picture...

Can someone enlighten me on it? Is it a mod?

http://www.sorcerers.net/image.php?image=M...nturing%20party.

Cheers.

PS: in case the link doesn't work, just go to www.sorcerers.net and click on the picture of the week.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

After some thinking, I think this is the cave where you are supposed to meet the Seer in HoW. If I remember correctly, you get to see her face on some walls while you are crossing the cave (it was just a very quick animation and was rather unimportant since you only saw a face and heard no voice at all).

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

After some thinking, I think this is the cave where you are supposed to meet the Seer in HoW. If I remember correctly, you get to see her face on some walls while you are crossing the cave (it was just a very quick animation and was rather unimportant since you only saw a face and heard no voice at all).

Yes. I've just beaten HoW. And the screenshot is definitely from HoW.

centinexx.png

Yes that is correct. Her image only remains briefly.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Even though I have played both IWD and its expansion (not TotL however), I don't remember being in a place like the one depicted in that picture...

Yep... ice caves en route to the Seer. I think there are three such Remorhaz-infested areas: the one with the eggs; the one with the blind dwarf who makes those neat ice-weapons, upgrades the Sword of Aihonen, makes that ice rose for the bard in Lonleywood, etc; and the one with the seer herself.

Definitely purty areas, but not all that much goin' on in them... I tend to forget about those areas, too, for some reason, when thinking back on that expansion.

Has anyone managed to finish TotL? I have downloaded it and played it for a while. What I didn't like was that enemies respawned when I was moving from one screen to another. This is a huge inconvenient for me!

Can someone enlighten me on it? Is it a mod?

http://www.sorcerers.net/image.php?image=M...nturing%20party.

Cheers.

PS: in case the link doesn't work, just go to www.sorcerers.net and click on the picture of the week.

Only played the basic game but I've never seen that before.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Has anyone managed to finish TotL? I have downloaded it and played it for a while. What I didn't like was that enemies respawned when I was moving from one screen to another. This is a huge inconvenient for me!

It's got really non typical "end boss".

Amazing though it really brough HoW together.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]