Features that annoy you.

You would have enough space to store lots of different rewind locations. Sorry I was thinking off on a tangent there :D

I was kind of thinking of a game that would actually require you to stop and rewind time in order to progress.

What I meant is blu ray will primarily be used as ROM and writing will be slow, you would need random access media (like HDD or flash memory) to write your streaming save file.

Edited by Diamond

One "feature" that has always bugged me is when the designers put up invisible barriers everywhere on the maps so you can't go 'wrong'. For example Jade Empire.. Try walking behind a tree or a rock alongside one of the roads. Your character bumps into an invisible line long before you even touch the rock or tree. No explanation, no logical hindrance, no extra points for Jade Empire. If you HAVE to put a barrier there, MAKE IT BELIEVABLE!! Nothing breaks immersion as much as seeing my character run in a standstill against an invisible obstacle.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

One "feature" that has always bugged me is when the designers put up invisible barriers everywhere on the maps so you can't go 'wrong'. For example Jade Empire.. Try walking behind a tree or a rock alongside one of the roads. Your character bumps into an invisible line long before you even touch the rock or tree. No explanation, no logical hindrance, no extra points for Jade Empire. If you HAVE to put a barrier there, MAKE IT BELIEVABLE!! Nothing breaks immersion as much as seeing my character run in a standstill against an invisible obstacle.

Is that any worse than blocking an exit with a crate that you could step over ?

Combat in Jade Empire was kind of jarring though since you could bounce off invisible walls which stopped you running away. Took some getting used to that.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Play Morrowind :)

Play Morrowind  :)

No. I play Gothic & Gothic 2 for a sense of freedom.

Morrowind seems open but because you can't climb in that game, it's just as dead and dumb as any linear jRPG (which almost always have corridors even in forests!). Daggerfall actually had a climb skill, which was awesome. If you maxxed it out (and maxxed out running) you could run up against a house, climb up its wall with amazing speed and then fling over the ceiling like a rocket. Sometimes you had so much speed, the fall would kill you even if the house was a one-story building. o:))

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Play Morrowind  :)

Morrowind seems open but because you can't climb in that game, it's just as dead and dumb as any linear jRPG (which almost always have corridors even in forests!). Daggerfall actually had a climb skill, which was awesome. If you maxxed it out (and maxxed out running) you could run up against a house, climb up its wall with amazing speed and then fling over the ceiling like a rocket. Sometimes you had so much speed, the fall would kill you even if the house was a one-story building. o:))

In Morrowind you can jump! And you can jump so high and long that you can cover the whole island with one jump and then die when you touch the ground!

Play Morrowind  :lol:

Morrowind seems open but because you can't climb in that game, it's just as dead and dumb as any linear jRPG (which almost always have corridors even in forests!). Daggerfall actually had a climb skill, which was awesome. If you maxxed it out (and maxxed out running) you could run up against a house, climb up its wall with amazing speed and then fling over the ceiling like a rocket. Sometimes you had so much speed, the fall would kill you even if the house was a one-story building. ;))

So much for making it believable.