Apple Hackers Encounter a Poetic Warning

kumquatq3

LINK

The embedded poem reads: "Your karma check for today: There once was a user that whined/his existing OS was so blind/he'd do better to pirate/an OS that ran great/but found his hardware declined./Please don't steal Mac OS!/Really, that's way uncool./© Apple Computer, Inc."

Apple also put in a separate hidden message, "Don't Steal Mac OS X.kext," in another spot for would-be hackers.

"We can confirm that this text is built into our products," Apple issued in a statement. "Hopefully it, and many other legal warnings, will remind people that they should not steal Mac OS X."

But ... there is already a pirate version available ... as soon as the developer release of OS X for Intel was out, it was cracked (within 24hrs iirc).

Still, I applaud poetry instead of Redmond's illiterate "General Protection Fault" for every error ... ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

but the question is.. why on earth would I want to run MacOSX on my PC? :o"

..if you want to be alternative theres a whole bunch of Linux dists that arent so bloody Mac-esque (I always feel like im fiddling with somekind of toy rather than a computer when dealing with a mac because the OS is so dumbed down)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm actually surprised how popular the Mac platform is in my CompSci program at my University.

Seems almost everyone here prefers Linux to Windows, and they love the fact that MacOS gives them that, but with an actual nice looking GUI. All without having to worry about setting up your proper X-Window Managers.

Edited by alanschu

Mac OS X IS a Linux distro. Really, it's core is Unix. (At least it's more stable than Windoze.)

Its a BSD derivate, to be not-so-precise. However, its interface is still too Mac-y for my taste. I recall the problems I had just trying to get Safari to maximise the bleedin' browser window.

"Im sorry, Apple do not believe in fullscreen mode. The button which you think would maximise this window actually adapts it to the content, a feature that doesnt actually work so youll just have to make do with this 15x10cm window. happy scrolling."

slight exaggeration included for free.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "