WoW Addresses Gay-Rights Uproar

kumquatq3

I'd be very surprised (to the point of outright disbelief...similar to Yst), if these people never used the phrase "That's retarded" when something silly happened.

After working with mentally disabled students, I conditioned myself to remove that word from my vocabulary. I don't think it's cool to take any word that defines a special group and use it as a slur. It belittles those people and whoever you are throwing the term at.

I have no problem calling someone an idiot. That term is designated specifically for idiots, and so it doesn't belittle anyone other than the person being an idiot.

The term "idiot" was spawned as a classification for people with severe mental retardation actually. (IQs below 25)

An "Idiot Savant" was someone that would fall under that classication, but also possessed ability that was actually quite exceptional. These people most typically fall under the classiciation of "Autistic" today.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot for a history of the word.

Edited by alanschu

Sounds good.

I'm still trying to figure out how something that originally meant something like private or one's own or peculiar came to mean mentally deficient. Of course, I think meta is a bigot. He's clearly prejudiced against me based on my intelligence.

If I create a WoW guild for idiots, however, he'd better be there supporting me. He can support me best by buying the game for me.

What really hurt, however, was when he said I wasn't cute enough. I'm 6'2" of cuddly love.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Sounds good.

I'm still trying to figure out how something that originally meant something like private or one's own or peculiar came to mean mentally deficient.  Of course, I think meta is a bigot.  He's clearly prejudiced against me based on my intelligence.

If I create a WoW guild for idiots, however, he'd better be there supporting me.  He can support me best by buying the game for me.

What really hurt, however, was when he said I wasn't cute enough.  I'm 6'2" of cuddly love.

Most guilds are created for idiots. Have you ever seen a raid guild? It's basically an idiot savant leading a bunch of idiots. He's a savant because he somehow convinced people he knows what he's doing. He does not. :)

Leroy Jenkins is the best thing to happen to MMORPGs since the whole craze began.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

from what I can tell the biggest of the mmo's always have the largest portion of "bnet kiddies" who basically say "stfu" to anyone asking for help then when finially bothered enough go and solo it for the other guy just to shut em up

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.