Valentines debrief

Walsingham

:o  Flowers are nice especially if they are red roses.

Some of you men are just not romantic.

What is romantic about giving a loved one a fading gift?

Giving flowers is like giving death.

And why are artificial flowers a big no no. They last forever, like our love.

Yep, that's a good message: artificial flowers for artificial love! :o:lol:

The point is that the flowers, like love, need to be re-sent, reinforced, re-expressed. Love is an inherently insecure state of mind: if you've been in love you'll know that, if you haven't then take it from me. :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

She will get my fridge eventually. We're getting married in 2 months  :D

Congrats!!! (w00t)

...Will you have a plastic cake? :D

Muahahaha very funny. No really, very funny.

And thank you. :)

Um, you're getting married and you don't understand the basic concept of flowers? Are you sure this is a good idea? :ermm:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

new subject: poetry.

When I was young I would write poems for my girlfriends, and they were uniformly unimpressed. I don't do it any more.

Has anyone ever had a poem actually work?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know many shops that sell bunches of say, wild primroses, bluebells and crocuses.  But then, I don't frequent florists, lol.  I meant a really obviousely wild bunch, which I personally would think of as very romantic.

Me too.

But remember, it's the thought of the guy spending money that counts :ermm:

So no matter where you get the flowers, make sure she thinks you paid a heavy price for them. Like a kidney or something. Only then, will she know you love her.

If this is true for your putative marriage, and you don't like it (I wouldn't), then get out now.

new subject: poetry.

When I was young I would write poems for my girlfriends, and they were uniformly unimpressed. I don't do it any more.

Has anyone ever had a poem actually work?

Yes.

It needs to be good, unless you are going for the sympathy vote ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

:D I suppose I could just be rubbish at poetry.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pah. I still say that poetry just isn't the best way to get a message across. You're better off speaking with actions than words when it comes to the heart.

-Elwood Blues

Writing poetry is easy. Writing good poetry is hard. On my reading list is Stephen Fry's The Ode Less Travelled (Christmas present), which looks interesting. Coincidentally, one of the appendices of my Latin textbook I am currently reading has a section on verse.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

All the same, the more I think about it the more I recall instances where actually climbing that highest mountain carries more weight than simply saying you would. -_-

-Elwood Blues

Oho, zing!

Blank, I'm proud of you. Except you shouldn't have the smiley there.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.