BioShock - Game Informer March 06

Morgoth

Everyone knows Obsidian fanboys are superior to Bethesda fanboys.

On topic: Bioshock is looking more and more impressive. It seems like the story will be truly original.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 4 weeks later...

Um, I'd be very surprised (read: mightily pissed off) if they didn't release a PC version as well. It looks like, from the wording, they are specifying the "next generation console" part as an emphasis (probably an industry code for PS3), rather than as a notation of exemption.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If these were the TES forums, we'd all get murdered by the waves of ignorance and slobbering fanboyism.

No, my account got shut down due to inactivity.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'd be surprised too.  If they're making a spiritual successor to System Shock 2, it'd probably make sense to not completely sever their history with the previous fans.

cf. Call of Cthulu. Publishers don't give a **** about history.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

That's true, Return on Investment is king for the investor, having said that though I have always been led to believe that this was a PC title. The mention in the company report just adds a refererence to "next generation console", not distancing itself from the PC.

It is far too small a piece of information to make any conclusions from.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You're right, of course. It's just revisting the whole Cthulu thing has resulted in my feeling unexpectedly bitter. :(

I sincerely hope Bioshock does have a pc version. But thing I hope for seem rarely to happen.

I'd be surprised too.  If they're making a spiritual successor to System Shock 2, it'd probably make sense to not completely sever their history with the previous fans.

cf. Call of Cthulu. Publishers don't give a **** about history.

Depends on the publisher. As meta said, it's about ROI, and an established fan base has higher probability of a sale compared to an unfamiliar market. The decision to go console only would be if they felt that the untapped market was so much more significant or the established market miniscule.

Though IMO SS2 was one of the most pirated games of its time (my evidence coming from my friend who ran an old school FTP site), which would indeed hurt the PC sale numbers, despite the game's popularity.

It has a PC version...even says so in the article from the Codex. A 360 version will come out just a bit before the PC.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast