Turn based startegy game

astr0creep

If you have a GBA, get Fire Emblem, and its sequel, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones.

...or if you dont...there are other...ways...

Also, not EXACTLY 'TB' but Combat mission can deliver a very satisfying experiance. Think a more detailed Close Combat, only, you give orders every 60 seconds. So give orders, your troops follow them for 60 seconds, then the game pauses so you can give another set of orders.

Erm...I think it was 60 seconds anyway, can't remember exactly.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

You can always download ROMs of old console strategy games:

the best ones I know are Final Fantasy Tactics (PSOne), FFT advance (GBA), Front Mission 3 (PSOne), Vandal Hearts (PSOne)

All excellent games!

If you have a PS2 there are some pretty good ones made by Nippon-Ichi -- Disgaea, LaPucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom. They're pretty in depth SRPG's but they're fun if you like that sorta thing. :)

Edited by Setzer

You can always download ROMs of old console strategy games:

the best ones I know are Final Fantasy Tactics (PSOne), FFT advance (GBA), Front Mission 3 (PSOne), Vandal Hearts (PSOne)

All excellent games!

If you have a PS2 there are some pretty good ones made by Nippon-Ichi -- Disgaea, LaPucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom. They're pretty in depth SRPG's but they're fun if you like that sorta thing. :)

I found Disgaea to be very strange. Following the chapters I was thru it in half a day. I know it is also a complicated game as you can reach levels in the thousands but I just don't know whatthe game is about and it didn't catch me on time. I need to be absorbed in a game within the first hour at least or it will stay on the shelves. So I never bothered with the other Nippon Ichi games.

Yes. But if you try to play them on a modern PC expect to need VERY quick reflexes.

Because it works on modern PC's with XP, but about 4x the speed of the "intended" PC, making it alot harder to sneak up and take down these nazi's and be back in hiding when the patrol turns around :(

(Note: Original Commandos, 2 and 3 might work correct)

Edited by BattleCookiee