Comics

Calax

On the topic of boobies, its great to see how the artists on Lady Death have really nailed those neat physics :lol:"

ladydbounce.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The very latest incarnation of our Lady D is totally sweet. Not only do they break the artistic guidelines (dont draw closeups of her ass, boobies and/or crotch. dont draw her with her legs spread, dont draw her on all four with her legs spread) on every other page, but shes also no longer undead so the whole necrophilia issue has been resolved. :lol:

The downside is that its still completely retarded. :lol:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Is V for Vendetta easy to buy, or do I have to trawl through collectors' lists to get the early ones?

You should be able to buy the TPB anywhere you can get comics. I even saw a hardcover, swede translated version at my local bookstore.

But, IMO its not really that good. But on the other hand I didnt like "watchmen" either, and many people love that.

Well, I just thought as the film is meant to be such a weak facsimile, that it would be good to go to the source ...

Ebay it, i got 1-10 original from 1988 for $63.42

Also if you don't mind TPBs you can get it for a little over ten dollars at Amazon.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Yeah, I generally buy my comics in TPB form from Amazon because the closest comic store is farther away than the closest gamestore.

If I get to a Borders though (even farther than the closest comic store) I spend a couple hours looking over their stock and then eventually buy something I like. I love bookstores that allow you to sit around and read their stuff before you lay your money down.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Me too. :blink:

I spend a lot of time skimming and perusing the books before making a valued purchase: I like to keep the books, too, as I feel they say a bit about me. I can look back in times far future and know how I was feeling or what I was thinking about.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I finally unloaded my Star Wars books. They were just sitting on my shelf, all forlorn, I couldn't get my brother interested in them, we haven't been able to get him to like reading anything besides Harry Potter and Lemony Snicket. :blink: I couldn't ever see myself reading them again either, so I gave them to goodwill because even the used bookstore wouldn't have them.

I still have all the other books I've read though. Except for the ones I've borrowed from my dad, he has an absolutely massive Sci-Fi and Fantasy library. He's even got all of E.E. Doc Smith's books.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

preacher reminds me of the manga Priest... but then it's the same concept only one preacher is damned and is undead =]

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

preacher reminds me of the manga Priest... but then it's the same concept only one preacher is damned and is undead :)

Have you even read Preacher? How can it remind you of Priest other than the name? Priest is a western about a Priest who sold his soul for immortality to fight fallen angels and Preacher is about a former texas Preacher empowered with the word of God searching for God come to earth so he can tell him he's a ****, in the meantime he's being tracked by a secret organization so they can use him as a messiah to bring about armageddon. Nothing is similar except the name.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There are only two comics that I liked.  Transmetropalitan and Preacher.

Try some other stuff by those writers if you liked those.

For Garth Ennis try Goddess, its short but pretty good, also, his run on Punisher is probably the best the book has ever been. Reading Preacher, Goddess, and his War Stories stuff made me wish he'd do Punisher, and then BAM, Marvel did the right thing and got him and Steve Dillon(artist on Preacher) to do Punisher.

For Warren Ellis check out Global Frequency, and the first 2 trades of The Authority(you might want to check out his run on Stormwatch before you read The Authority though) Basically its Warren Ellis saying "Why the hell do superheroes only react to things after the fact and only fight supervillains and planetary threats?" So he makes them take down dictators, and god, which is in fact a giant alien organism.

He is also in the middle of a couple series, Fell, which is a series of one shot detective comics in 16 pages. Its kind of an experiment of his. 16 pages of story, with some extras at the end, like the script for the issue, sketches of character designs, etc. Also, Desolation Jones is something that sounds like it would be similar to Transmet in feel. Its about Jones, an ex MI6 operative turned Private Investigator in Los Angeles, which happens to be kind of a retirement home for ex spooks.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good comic series (preferably about 10 comics about) that are a good entertaining read?

Also has anyone read Marvels Annihilation comics w/ Silver Surfer? I was a big fan with him and Thanos when I was a child. :)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Id recommend everyone to buy the 9-part series "Automatic Kafka" that was released on... Wildstorm I think. The art alone is worth it :)

Can anyone recommend a good comic series (preferably about 10 comics about) that are a good entertaining read?

Also has anyone read Marvels Annihilation comics w/ Silver Surfer? I was a big fan with him and Thanos when I was a child.  :thumbsup:

By 10 comics are we talking Issues or Trades?

Issues: Global Frequency

Trades: Lucifer(not yet finished, one trade to go), Transmetropolitan, Preacher

Devastatorsig.jpg

they just released a trade of the return of Thanos.

And invincible might be good :shrugs:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Id recommend everyone to buy the 9-part series  "Automatic Kafka" that was released on... Wildstorm I think. The art alone is worth it :-

Art does look pretty cool, whats the premise?

It starts off a little like Moore's "Watchmen" in that we have a supergroup that scattered many years ago and we now see the heros in their lives 20 years afterwards. Automatic Kafka is an android and what could be considered the main character.

But its very quirky and strange and theres really no red line to follow. Its just a fun and chaotic experiment of art and text.